Vanguard and Revocable Trusts

Retire2023

Recycles dryer sheets
We have had a brokerage account with Vanguard in the past, and DH currently has a 401K there through his employer. In the years since we closed the brokerage account, we have created a revocable trust into which we have added our taxable accounts. I wanted to create another brokerage with Vanguard and have received the "Application Kit for Trusts" which outlines the fees charged for various services/transactions.
My question is are fees the same for the same service/transaction in a trust account and a personal account? Any insight current or former trust account holders who have used Vanguard would be greatly appreciated. Any other input or comments welcome!
Thanks!

Not sure it's the same thing, but my brokerage account at Vanguard is titled in the name of my revocable trust, so that if I'm incapacitated the money can be used for my care. It's basically just like having a house deeded into a a trust. It seems to operate exactly like it did when it was just a personally owned account, other than that the Trust is the beneficiary, so maybe you're talking about something else?

It's probably the same thing. Just checking to see if the fees were different for trades and/or levels required for Voyager/Voyager Select/Flagship services. I would hope they were the same, but you know...due diligence and all.;)

I am Flagship and only have Vanguard holdings, and don't trade very often, so I guess I haven't noticed one way or the other! But there's certainly no extra hoops to jump through for the basic stuff.

Back
Top Bottom