Wh... Wh.... Wh(eee!)... Party like it's 1929

W2R

Moderator Emeritus
I am so thrilled - - my portfolio is at an all-time high and growing by leaps and bounds! This bull market seems invincible.

Time to sell, guys, getting close. :D Besides, May will be here before we know it. Meanwhile, party on...

:dance::dance: :clap:

Oh well... I could use another buying opportunity anyways!:LOL:

Oh lawdy, I'd better sell all my holdings and flee for the hills.

I was hoping you'd wait just a bit longer before saying the wh** word :LOL:

I guess I'd better postpone my retirement plans, the market will surely crater for another few years now. And I was so close...

I am so thrilled - - my portfolio is at an all-time high and growing by leaps and bounds! This bull market seems invincible.

Time to sell, guys, getting close. :D Besides, May will be here before we know it. Meanwhile, party on...

Thanks for the heads up

If it's not quite time to sell, I think it's at least time to start taking a few profits.

Gee W2R, wouldn't you like to see your portfolio get a little higher before stopping the run?

I should add that I am very close to hitting my rebalance target. I was hoping to get that done before a certain "Wh..." was heard around the world!

Audrey

Last edited:
And I thought W2R was censored from saying Wh......:LOL:

If it's not quite time to sell, I think it's at least time to start taking a few profits.
Yes.

I/DW did so to add a bit of cash to our respective cash buckets.

Harvest your "crops" during good times; let them in the field (invested) during bad.

BTW, our method would not necessarily apply for those still in the accumulation stage.

What is the reference to May? :(

Old investing adage:
"Sell in May and go away."

Meaning that it's sometimes better to sit out the summer and buy again in the fall. Doesn't seem to be as good a rule of thumb as it may have been in the past.

Oh, good. Spouse said a recession was predicted by the end of the year--but didn't say by whom.

Another good call W2R. I think you should take over Bob Brinker show on the radio I would buy your "newsletter". He gets around $200 each for it just imagine what that would do for your retirement.

Last edited:

Irrational exuberance?

Although I'm close to diverging by 5% from my 40/50/10 asset allocation so some rebalancing is in order.

I have been trying to get more passive in my investments and I too think it has been a nice run up. I sold about 15% of holdings yesterday ,mostly stocks, and will wait to put it back in (this time into etf index funds). I do not want to be a market timer but feel that the market seems to be ignoring the high gas prices.

Reminds me of 2008 when stocks went down about this time of the year over gas prices . Of course dwarfed my the morgage melt down that year but still a dip.

Last edited:

Hang in there, history could repeat. I wouldn't want to hang out in bonds at these very low real rates. We could be repeating our version of the 1980's (red line):

21cdtvn.jpg

P.S. Chart is not predictive, but it is fun to look at.

Time for me to go in multi-personality mode:

Personality one :dance:: Yippee! Portfolio going up!

Personality two :facepalm:: Ah Shucks! Now buying less shares with each DCA

Personality three :blush:: No big news. Need to tune out personalities one and two!

Back
Top Bottom