What financial radio show do you listen to regularly?

I can easily filter out the Christian perspective, so far I have found none of it to be offensive. But yeah, the tithing thing really surprised me! I didn't know that it was a standard 10%, with no wavering for income level, size of family or circumstances. That 10% off the top could go quite far in these families paying down their debt and later being able to contribute to whoever they want.

I also like Suze Orman. She says some debt is ok, while Dave Ramsey says no debt except for a house. Suze Orman is FICO score oriented. Get and keep a high FICO score and use it to your advantage. Dave Ramsey says to ignore FICO, you don't need it if you don't borrow.

Of course, both stress LBYM, which is the heart of it all anyways.

I go to cnbc.com for some of the keynote speeches, e.g. Barnanke/Paulson. I try to catch Marie Bartiromo once in a while. Erin Barnett is worth a look.

For Canadian perspective, I go to bnn.ca - some of their regulars like Stars & Dogs are entertaining.

I used to watch Louis Rukeyser, mostly for his optimism, and levelheaded approach to the markets. (and great puns!)
I would listen to Bruce Williams if I was driving at night to keep me alert. Since I retired, I seldom drive at night.

Back in the 80's when I was young my dad used to listen to a financial / law program with Bruce Williams. He seemed smart, at least to 12 year old.

Nowadays I enjoy Dave Ramsey. And yes, I am debt free! :p

I listened to Bruce Williams when I was a kid, at night sometimes after I went to bed. I think he's still around, isn't he? Seems like I heard him on the radio awhile back. He must be getting on up there, though.

update: Apparently Bruce Williams is still on the air doing live broadcasts!

I used to watch Louis Rukeyser, mostly for his optimism, and levelheaded approach to the markets. (and great puns!)
I would listen to Bruce Williams if I was driving at night to keep me alert. Since I retired, I seldom drive at night.
I miss Lou. It was nice to get relatively sane commentary on financial news without the hype and without the pushing of irrational exuberance and panic.

Back in the 80's when I was young my dad used to listen to a financial / law program with Bruce Williams. He seemed smart, at least to 12 year old.

Those were the days. I used to listen to BW while working in DC area. Usually, came on very late at night. Learned a lot from him and he probably, more than anyone, woke me up to saving. Was in the time frame of 80-85. Wonder what happened to him.

Those were the days. I used to listen to BW while working in DC area. Usually, came on very late at night. Learned a lot from him and he probably, more than anyone, woke me up to saving. Was in the time frame of 80-85. Have not listened lately. Here is the current web site: http://www.brucewilliams.com/

I like Clark Howard, although he is a little boring and tends to S... T... R... E...T... C... H everything out and of of course too many Adds.

Suzie Orman now seem to focus on Women's finances although she does talk a lot of sense.

Most simply spout off the obvious, but Clark H. is the exception. He is innovative.

I find that Dave Ramsey while perhaps good for those who have nothing and mountains of debt, does nothing for me. He implies far too many religious undertones for my liking that have no place in financial situations. God will not get you out of debt or prevent you from going into it. He/She may make you feel a little better while you are there, but no more.

One religious saying I do stand by I suppose is: My Fault, My Fault My Own Grievous Fault, that works.

SWR

I like to listen to just about all financial radio shows that I happen to come across. But since I don't listen to the radio much, I seldom come across any. My radio listening is generally limited to my commute times, on weekdays from 5:50-5:55 AM (news/talk) and 3:30-3:45 PM (swamp pop station out of Golden Meadows).

Maybe after ER I will be able to fit radio shows into my hectic ER schedule. :D

I listened to Bruce Williams when I was a kid, at night sometimes after I went to bed. I think he's still around, isn't he? Seems like I heard him on the radio awhile back. He must be getting on up there, though.

update: Apparently Bruce Williams is still on the air doing live broadcasts!

Sweet, he has Podcasts too! I'm so there!

Bruce Williams Official Website

Harley is so right to list “Car Talk.” I listen to it sometimes even thou I sold my car in 1980. It’s very entertaining and I really do feel I learn a lot of useless stuff. I have listened to Bob Brinker since that fateful Super Bowl Sunday so many years ago. I like Rob Black when I run into him on KRON TV. I hear a lot of talk on radio but act only on my inner voices.

I listen to Bob Brinker when I can - I like him and subscribe to his newsletter. He successfully called the 2000 market meltdown before anybody else (contrary to Cramer's claim). He did miss this meltdown but said that there was such panic that no one could have predicted it. He expects a market turnaround sometime in the last half of 2009. Contrary to what some conservative pundits are saying, Brinker thinks that Obama's ideas on bailing out all these industries is a good and positive thing for the government to do.

Brinker also says that if you are retired and find yourself needing extra cash, there is no shame in getting a part time job for awhile.

After the hit I've taken in my portfolio, and my worrying about having to go back to work at a career again, there is some comfort in his words.

I did not like Suze Orman; I thought her callers were rather simplistic. Then I heard her say, a few years ago, that you should pay off your mortgage before you contribute to your 401(k) - that way, if you lose your job, you will still have a house to live in and can get a job bagging groceries to pay your utilities.

I've listened to them all over the years and what inevitably turns me off to any particular one is this pompous attitude that creeps in. Suzy O and Ramsey definitely fit into this category. Can't tolerate their attitude when I listen to them. Good advice or not. The advise is alway rote anyway.

Over that past 4-5 years I've listened to Jim Puplava on finacialsense.com. He is definitely slanted towards precious metals/energy and is a big proponent of the Peak Oil theory. I don't see many mentions of him here, but would suggest a listen given our current environment.

Direct thru WLS in Chicago's Adam Bold Show..on Saturday Mornings on 890 AM. He keeps up on Fund Mgrs. status and gives me a heads up on what they're upto and is more Positive about things than Boring Brinker and his Politics.. I think BB has just gotten too old for the game and should retire.. But AB is more of a Aggressive Growth type and not for conservatives..and of course, EVERYONE Listens to RUSH! Right?

;->) hehe

A CFP/CPA in Atlanta does a nice podcast...name is Brian Preston, show is The Money Guy. I download it weekly from iTunes. I also get Steve Pomeranz's On the Money show via podcast. He's a CFP and wealth manager down in Florida. I enjoy both of these.

Listened to Brinker for years ... then got his news letter and stopped listening (he doesn't "work" that often anymore and his fill-in is TERRIBLE).

I've listened to them all over the years and what inevitably turns me off to any particular one is this pompous attitude that creeps in. Suzy O and Ramsey definitely fit into this category. Can't tolerate their attitude when I listen to them. Good advice or not. The advise is alway rote anyway.

Over that past 4-5 years I've listened to Jim Puplava on finacialsense.com. He is definitely slanted towards precious metals/energy and is a big proponent of the Peak Oil theory. I don't see many mentions of him here, but would suggest a listen given our current environment.

I am a big fan of Puplava the last 7 or 8 years he seems to be on course.

I have not heard him in many years maybe 15 or 20.

I will have to add him back to the list after many years.

Between these six you will really know what is going on in the world. I love them all. You will learn more from these six than going to college and it is free.

Alex Jones
Chuch Harder
Dave Ramsey
Clark Howard
Jim Puplava
Bruce Williams

What financial radio show do you listen to regularly?

The one playing in my head...and I'm getting really tired of all those callers who want to make comments!

Back
Top Bottom