What happens if the unthinkable happens?

I hate to say it but all of this negative news is starting to make me think that we might literally see "Blood in the streets" soon:hide::(
Move to my city...I'll protect you.....
sCh_coplight.gif

Id consider it if you would be my Sugar momma, and I aint workin:ROFLMAO:

My Mom (85) and I were talking about the depression the other day and what bothered her the most she said was a lack of food. Being one of ten children and poor as church mice meant there wasn't much to go around. She said her mother baked 8 loaves of bread a day and they would be gone by night since that was the most they had to eat. Despite that she said they were very happy, sharing 1 beat up bike from the town dump for all the kids. She said that in a good year they would get a coloring book for Christmas and in a bad year they each got a couple of PAGES from just 1 coloring book.
I think today's kids would find it difficult to receive so little for the hyped up holiday that is Christmas.

The $26 in earnings includes all the massive writedowns and impairments that were taken recently. You can only write down an asset from 100% to 20% once, so I don't think the $26 December earnings figure is a good measure of "recurring" earnings. That is why Shiller averages earnings over 10 years. By that calculation earnings currently stand at $57.74, which would put S&P 150 at a 2.6x multiple - the lowest ever recorded by a long shot.

Thanks for the reality check on earnings. I saw that big drop and thought "Holy ___ , this is worse than I thought".

Back
Top Bottom