When will Emerging Markets have their "Heyday"

It will happen as soon as the crowd writes off EM as dead and never coming back. When the popular press starts writing articles about the death of EM, go all in!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

The recovery year to date in EM debt funds and Latin America is already marked, although it still doesn't recover values a year back. I think the Fidelity LA fund is up 29% or so ytd, Fidelity New Markets (EM debt) is up 14% and FAZ is up 19%. I had considered investing new funds at the beginning of the year based on the severity of the downturn but only did it in the Latin American fund third quarter 2015.

Int has been doing very nicely for me the last couple weeks. Vwo, veu, vss.

Yeah, I put in a first portion a month or so ago in emerging. Figure I'd wait a while and then maybe put in a second portion end of year or beginning of next.

That may turn out to be a mistake of omission. No complaints.

I've been in the red with int and em for the last three years. Together they make up 45% of my portfolio. Almost all my contributions have been directed that way to try to keep allocation in balance. Finally feel like the pendulum *might* swing back my way soon. I'm just slightly in the red overall now.

Dollar strength plus low oil are the big weights that have held it down. When those bust, watch out.
[Mod Edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the emergings that I bought three-four years ago are no longer sub-mergings.

Back
Top Bottom