3 year ER Anniversary!

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Well, I'm a day late, but here it is 3 years and 1 day since I took the big walk out of the office for the last time. I've learned to "sleep in" after 4AM and have adjusted to spending zero time on the Capital Beltway.

I still dream about work frequently, a fact I find quite troubling, but have otherwise adjusted quite well. Naturally, my kitties love having me home and lunch and a movie with my mom has become a regular treat.

DH joins me in retirement in about a month and a half. Hopefully, we can get used to being around each other a lot more. Be prepared for future posts on this topic;)

Thanks everyone for being here for me and keeping me from going a bit bonkers at times. It was a difficult adjustment for me and I thank all of you for helping me find my way.

Yesterday was my 5th year of ER, Ms G put it on my Google calendar. I didn't see it until today. No watch, No calendars.

Not much has changed in 5 years. Lost my two best friends Scout and Sedona, but gained 3 new ones Cooper, and Skye, and an old girl kitty Ollie Mae.

Ms.G beat me in ER by 6 months, but she is also 3 years younger.

I think I will do the Happy Dance.

Today, the 4th, is my six month anniversary. Congrats both of you. It seems a lot of us retire around the first of the year, whether calendar of fiscal.

Congratulations Purron!

1/1/11 marked the start of my 33rd month in ER.

We went back to work part-time for a portion of 2010, but I have decided (and who's to contradict me?) that I have been ER'd the entire time.

Congratulations Purron :flowers: and everyone else on their anniversaries.

:flowers: Purron, anniversary congratulations to you and early congratulations to DH on your ER; I hope to get there soon.
Now, if the economy would just cooperate...:rolleyes:

YAY for celebrations! Congrats to everyone making it to RE and moving forward!!

Congrats, Purron. I hit my 2-year ER anniversary about 2 months ago, so I am not far behind you.

I don't dream about work at all, however. I derive considerable joy and relief whenever I see a story on TV about troubles on the trains (and there is no shortage of them LOL!), my means of commute for the 23 years I worked. I am always saying to my friends and relatives, "I am soooo glad I don't have to deal with THAT CRAP any more!"

My one-year retirement anniversary was 5 days ago. Overall, it's been great so far. I have no problem staying busy about 9 months of the year with various activities (spring thru late fall, basically). I'm active with three different organizations, in addition to all the hobbies and recreational pursuits that I/we have, so the time flies during that portion of the year. The winter months are a little harder for me, especially in this cold climate, and with the days so short (but that was the case even before retirement). My goal this winter was to work especially hard on my physical fitness during those months, as it helps give me a feeling of accomplishment. So far, so good with that plan. And, we're headed to the Gulf Coast for 5-6 weeks later this winter :D, so that should help a lot too.

Congrats to everyone else who recently had a retirement anniversary!

Back
Top Bottom