A wake up to go....

USK Coastie

Recycles dryer sheets
Tomorrow is it. I begin a new chapter in life, being w%$k free :D:D:D. The desk is cleaned out, files sorted, a hand off of sorts has taken place. Not much to do here but play on the computer. Think I'll leave early today and come in late tomorrow with a departure around noon. What can they do, fire me?

I'd like to thank all on this forum for sharing their thoughts and feelings on retirement. Had I not discovered this Forum and FIRECALC I'd be planning on retirement in three more years instead of tomorrow. I'm leaving w*&k forwarned of some of the emotions and issues that I'll probably go through in the next few months as life really sets in.

I look forward with anticipation of life's next big adventure and figuring out "what are you gonna do all day?"

OOPS the dog/or something ate my UP should read "A wakeup to go". now if I could just edit the post after posting I'd fix it. Then again maybe my employer is going to have a wake-----NOT---- at my departure. Somehow I don't think they'll close the place down if I leave.

It is good to know that someone gets help from this board. I know I did when I started out.

OOPS the dog/or something ate my UP should read "A wakeup to go".

I added an "up" to your "wake".

And while we're on that subject, my dream of sleeping late the first morning of my retirement didn't come true. I was as excited as a 5 year old on Christmas morning, wide awake before the sun came up!

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I added an "up" to your "wake".

And while we're on that subject, my dream of sleeping late the first morning of my retirement didn't come true. I was as excited as a 5 year old on Christmas morning, wide awake before the sun came up!

Enjoy.

Congratulations! I couldn't sleep late either for awhile. My damn dog kept waking me up to feed her at her normal time. :(

has brought back my last days memories...
Enjoy and savour!

Yeah but now my joke doesnt make any sense. Can you work that up a little so its just as witty and still in context?:)
Hey, if we could do that with your material then we'd be running Hillary Clinton's election campaign.

Or George Bush's...

A belated congrats to you too Coastie... We made it! It took me a week to get back to reading the board again. Ain't life fine? :D

Mega Corp , you bet. The tan line from wearing a wrist watch is gone!!! For me life seems to run at a different pace. The other night DW and I were sitting around the fire pit and discussing where we want to go for a one/two week trip this fall. We ended up with more than 30 different areas to see within 400 miles. Plus the option of using our time share time anywhere in the world. So many places so little time. Or we could just kick back and watch the river run by the house.
So far this retirement gig is better than its cracked up to be:D:D:D

So far this retirement gig is better than its cracked up to be
Coastie, DITTO ... the problem I have found is that I am like the proverbial kid in the candy store... now that I have the time to do whatever I want ... I want to do it all ... NOW. I am also finding that the devil is in the details ... still trying to perfect this e-living so that we are flexible enough to get outta town whenever we want. I may need to cancel the newspaper ... I have had it on 'vacation hold' more then not for the past 2 weeks. LOL but I need it to figure out what day it is :D:D:D
... hey my watch tan line is gone too!:2funny:
I AM enjoying this ... hope this doesn't wear off.

Jeez you guys, why did you wear a watch when w*rking for MegaCorp (or MegaGov)? The whole idea is to get you there at sunrise and make sure you stay until at dark. A watch only told me what I was missing, never wore one.

elated Congratulations Coastie!

Have a fun last few days before you hang it up for your new life.

Jump right in.............the water is fine!!

Mega when we moved up here from the big city we stopped the paper. Now I have to remember when Sunday is to go get one:D:D:D

Steve how's the new MH doin'? Are you on the road?

Mega when we moved up here from the big city we stopped the paper. Now I have to remember when Sunday is to go get one:D:D:D

Steve how's the new MH doin'? Are you on the road?

We are on our first trip in it. Driving 1100 miles in two days through the Mojave with two small puppies and two grandkids in a new untested MH is not my idea of a good time. The biggest event so far was nearly wiping out a firehydrant with my towed car in a Home Depot parking lot. This beast takes a lot of space to turn and with the extra almost 20 feet of tow bar and car on the back it is like driving a Semi truck.

Otherwise, we are doing OK. We are only half deployed as we are parked on the street in front of my SIL's house in a residential area so no roadside slides. That limits the space a bit but we are managing. We leave on Monday with another family member with their MH for southern Oregon for a few days so we should finally be able to spread out there for a while before we head back home.

So far so good. No major issues; just some minor stuff that is not unexpected with something that is made from over 15000 parts and weighs over 43,000#.

What WAS I thinking??

Back
Top Bottom