Alarm system?

Most of the houses in our neighborhood have been knocked down and rebuilt with McMansions leaving our small old concrete block home looking like slim pickens. We don't have an alarm system since the other homes are way better targets and we don't have much worth taking that can't be replaced by insurance. The lots are large and very open making it obvious if anyone is at your home and sneaking in on foot limits what you can carry away. :D If the concern is personal protection the police and fire station is only a couple of blocks away and response time would be no more than 5 minutes in this small town. I doubt if an alarm system would speed that up. When I bought over 30 years ago I bought on the location of the house and it is paying off well for many reasons.

Cheers!

I read the two links cited. I have SimpliSafe and frankly am not concerned. From my admittedly layman's perspective, the process seems too complex for the typical opportunistic burglar - which is the typical burglary in my area.
I'll still keep SimpliSafe and will sleep at night unconcerned.

I'm not endorsing it (have no idea one way or the other), but I did notice that WOOT has the SimpliSafe2 (8 pieces) on sale today for $209.99. They occasionally have some pretty decent deals, and sometimes run out of sale items pretty quickly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom