Am I just a lazy SOB?

There is a huge difference between lazy and content. I think that this issue only comes up in cultures that are hyper competitive. If you have your finances in order you shouldn't lose a bit of sleep over what all of the busy bees think. GL on your FIRE. I for one am happy that you can do what you want!

It's your life. Don't worry about what others say or think and you'll be much better off.

+1 - I was going to say who cares what they think - let them live their lives and you can live yours.....as for running, etc, excellent - I just did a sprint tri and saw a 76 year old lady there who I know beat me.....great hobby and fun..we also play badminton in the middle of the day - wouldn't be possible if not semi-retired. We also ski, travel, read, do what we want....it's great. We both work part-time - we have intense workdays/stretches and then stretches of totally free time. We do it because we want to and not because we have to....plus the nature of our work is either in front of a computer or traveling around the world...tack a week here or there while somewhere cool, and it makes it worthwhile.

"Be what you is and not what you is not! Folks that is what they is, is the happiest lot!"

Back
Top Bottom