Anyone going back to an old love?

racy

Full time employment: Posting here.
As I count down the days to retirement, I'm getting this strong desire to get back into motorcycling. I grew up with bikes, but haven't had one since about 1995. I found my old leather jacket in the basement closet and I can still get into it. I'm dreaming of the day trips, destinations and carefree riding I can do again.

What old hobby/interest are you getting back to?

Perhaps, but her husband might not look too kindly at that!

Last edited:
Well yes, actually. I was thinking about going back to golf after the old bod gives up in triathlon (swim/run/bike).

No Wayyy.

My wife would take more than half of everything I own. And then where would I be. Sayonara RE

DH has had a Harley for 25 years. He says this will be his last one. :( I enjoy his week long road trips way more than he does. :D

I want to learn to play piano again. I gave it a whirl a few years ago, but it was very frustrating - I expected it to come right back and it didn't.

And, I want to start sewing again.

And doing more gardening....

As I count down the days to retirement, I'm getting this strong desire to get back into motorcycling. I grew up with bikes, but haven't had one since about 1995. I found my old leather jacket in the basement closet and I can still get into it. I'm dreaming of the day trips, destinations and carefree riding I can do again.

What old hobby/interest are you getting back to?

Before I retired, I thought I would resume some hobbies and interests from years ago.... but in the 3+ years since I retired, I guess I have just been too busy enjoying life to do that. :blush:

I am a serial hobbyist. I find I really enjoy something for a whole, then move on to something new. Although there are similarities between my interests, rarely will I expect to tread the same ground.

We actually have revived several long-dormant friendships in the last few years since er-ing. Reconnecting has been so special.

I have an old guitar in the closet I had planned on using again when I retired. Played some when I was a teenager but not much since. My dog encourages me to leave it in the closet.

Dawg52 said:
I have an old guitar in the closet I had planned on using again when I retired. Played some when I was a teenager but not much since. My dog encourages me to leave it in the closet.

In a perfect world, I would love to learn how to play a guitar as I certainly have the time. But in reality, I know I would not put the effort in it takes and get frustrated easily. I have seen others try and fail to follow through, and I would be no different unfortunately.

Once racing and training (hard) are no longer possible I'm looking forward to stamp collecting. I always loved stamps when I was a kid and I think it will be a lot of fun to dust off the old binders.

Bought the bike (Suzuki C90T in the avatar) four years ago and enjoy it immensely when the weather is decent, but admittedly I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't stumbled into a job that easily paid for it

That and renewing an interest in photography I gave up in 1983 because of the expense of film/processing. Digital is definitely an improvement there - once one has paid for the camera and software mistakes and experimentation don't cost anything.

Old love's are now old. As for hobbies, I have way too many.

I haven't ridden a bicycle in probably 30 years. And despite the Lance Armstrong media frenzy, I have decided to (slowly) take it up once again. I don't ride fast nor do I ride far, but it is very enjoyable. And if I don't wreck and seriously injure myself, or get hit by a car, I think it will prove very healthy for me.

Also want to revisit playing tennis as the weather warms up. DW was a champion tennis player in her early college days.
Prof12

Hobbies... sheesh... too many to list... Jack of all trades, master ...........

Stamps, coins, hiking, biking (bikes and bicycles), canoeing, sailing, guitar, uke, recorder, piano, harmonica, cars, four languages, psychology, news junkie, computers, trivia, professional swimming, history, recycling goods, toys, photography, limnology, astronomy, writing (poorly), traditional country music,
Boy Scouts for 25 years, tropical fish, some Civil War stuff, Cape Cod History,
World economy, and Harley Davidsons...
(Just an excuse to post a pic of my mom and her mom and dad from 1912...)
img_1281339_0_c339e254e0dbb183c325caee1d452daf.jpg

Like the man said...
"There aren't enough hours in the day, and the nights are too long."

Can't wait for tomorrow to get going again.

Last edited:
I have a lot of hobbies, but only a few that I enjoyed several years ago. I used to do woodworking in high school. Took a 40 year break, and I'm back at it.
Also started biking again - every other day during decent weather.

What a great photo, Imoldernu! I've never seen a bike like that (love the hat too!).

Gardening...growing plants from seed and experimenting with indoor grow lights
Sandcastle building at every opportunity at the beach...reposting my 'sea serpent' creation
Kite flying
Coloring with crayons
Baking cakes
Art using dried beans and seashells...I made a Tree of Life during the summer of 2012 using zebra mussel and little conical shells (bottom edge of frame) and driftwood from Lake Ontario, dried black beans...and good ol' Elmer's Glue :D

My inner child is once again flourishing :dance:

Attachments

• 001Comp.JPG
    001Comp.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 002Comp.JPG
    002Comp.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 5
  • TreeShellsBeans2012.jpg
    TreeShellsBeans2012.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I have always enjoyed painting with water colours as well as some sculpturing. And, yes, I am doing more of those and getting more involved in that community.

Back
Top Bottom