Did you have trouble getting rid of your suits?

Just a note concerning donations: Clothes, especially suits and shoes, tend to mold themselves to the wearer over time...thus, donating any but lightly-worn clothing is something of a waste of time, since they won't properly fit the next person, even if they are the same size as you.

Amethyst

My skirted suits are so old, I doubt anyone would want them (think "Dynasty"). I don't work in a formal setting and can get by with pants, sweater sets, and blouses worn with low-heeled shoes. I retire next year and think that break with the work world will free me mentally to let go of lots of things cluttering my closets that are rarely (if ever) worn.

I left my suits hanging in a closet in Riyadh......almost 25 years ago.

Then, wouldn't you know it, while talking with Frank this week I was trying to describe a particularly hellish vector analysis problem we were given on a test, and really wanted to show it to him. But it's gone, gone, gone. :( Oh well.

Purger's Remorse...?

This post got me motivated and I pulled 6 sport coats (and some ties, shirts, and shoes) out of the closet to donate. I didn't have any suits. I now have 6 sport coats left that I like and still fit to wear with my jeans. Now I need to buy a suit for those times when it is more appropriote than jeans and jacket. However, I'm keeping my kilts and Prince Charlie jacket for formal occasions. I like the attention from the ladies. :cool:

Cheers!

You need to save a couple for your undertaker to "Fit you in", just sayin. Don't sell em all! :(

I figure I came into the world nekkid, I'm going out that way.

Should make for an interesting open-casket service.

"Oh! He looks so natural!"

I have been following this thread for ideas, process, etc. that others have gone through on this subject since I hope to be facing it very soon. (I have several very nice suits but hope to have little business need for them soon.)

However, this post made me smile and almost laugh out loud after a very tough week. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom