Does this count?

LeatherneckPA

Recycles dryer sheets
Last night, at 830pm, I keyed my radio for my final transmission in prison. I thanked my officers for all they had done for me and told them it had been my privilege to serve with them. Then I turned in the radio and keys, turned and walked out of the prison for the NEXT-TO-LAST time.

From today until August 29th I will be burning up my accrued leave. At 8am on 8/29 I will sign my final papers, get my RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER credentials (that's how they come, bold red letters right on top), and walk out for the last time.

So my question is, does this count as ER, or do I have to wait until 8/29 to declare myself ER'd?

So my question is, does this count as ER, or do I have to wait until 8/29 to declare myself ER'd?
I think, in your case, that you can go ahead and ring the bell and toot the horn!

The time from when I stopped showing up at work and actually retired was a little over 2 1/2 years (that's when I swapped the active ID for the one that says Honorably Retired). I find myself saying things like, "well, I worked there for 27 years, but I only have 25 years of experience". It never sounds right.

Congratulations Mike.

So, what are you going to do all day?

Congratulations. Yer out! of the daily grind. Now, about that farm thing......

I think the rules say that you can have parties on both dates.

This celebration calls for more chickens!
Congrats, Mike, now you can concentrate on the important stuff in your life!

Congrats, and a LONG HEALTHY retirement to you! :)

Good going, Leatherneck. Much good luck to you!

I like T-Al's logic here...great excuse to party twice! Congrats and enjoy your retirement!!

It Counts!

Mike,
It counts because you don't have any security to get back in the facility.
It counts because you've thanked everyone who made a difference while you worked there.
It counts because you've earned it.

I've been using my accrued leave since May 12 and my last day on payroll is July 11. Unlike you, though, they left me with the ability to get back in the building -- just in case. Now, I'm a little over two weeks away from officially ending my career -- and looking forward to it. Sometime next week I'll drop off the badge and security cards.

Congratulations on a well-deserved retirement.

-- Rita

I like T-Al's logic here...great excuse to party twice!

The heck with only 2 parties.....now EVERYDAY can be a party...forever!!!
party-smiley-020.gif

Congrats and best wishes!!!

Please report in on the 30th of August and let us know which day you enjoyed more! Congratulations.

Congratulations!

It counts!

You have the best of both worlds. The time is yours and you still have a paycheck.

MB

Oh, please, that's one of the slowest, fattest pitches I've seen in a long time!

You've been paroled for good behavior, and you're on probation until 29 August. Surely one of your "customers" could've pointed that out?

Maybe I noticed this so quickly because the military uses the same system... although I don't like the connotation behind the concept of "terminal" leave.

So consider yourself a probationary ER apprentice intern, and congratulations!

I don't like the connotation behind the concept of "terminal" leave.

:D Yeah, I was pretty careful not to use that term also. Not that I am superstitious or anything, but I see no sense in tempting fate. especially since the sudden release of stress in my line of work has been proven to precipitate heart problems. I know one guy who didn't last 30 days.

If you can "trash" your alarm clock :bat:

- it counts! :cool:

- Ron

You're being paid not to w#*k, right? If that's not "retired", what is?
Now go do something outrageous.

Hey, it counts! Yes! Yay!

Congratulations.

I also knew one who never saw his first retirement check, but the vast majority are still around. My plan is to be a leech on the County for another 40 years.

I like T-Al's logic here...great excuse to party twice! Congrats and enjoy your retirement!!

I say make it a two month continuous party! :D:D:D

Congratulations and good luck on the next chapter!

R

Congratulations. Let the retirement [-]checks[/-] games begin.

I vote for it counts also. Congratulations and keep those retirement checks coming for many years.

Back
Top Bottom