dressing in style

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
It was near 90F today in Ohio. I was wearing cut-off jeans and a white tshirt with the sleeves cut out.

I tend to wipe my hands on my clothes while cooking.

Today's food preparation included beets so there are purple hand prints on my tshirt.

I love not giving a hoot what I look like.

(Yes, I clean up when I go somewhere.)

You'd fit right in here in our neck of the woods, Khan. We still have plenty of folks that eschew swim trunks in favor of cutoff blue jeans. And there is always the chance you'll see a bandanna bikini out on the river!

Good for you to revel in the FIRE style! :)

Style:

Five-year old sneakers, faded jeans, and a t-shirt that says "I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me".

Style:

Five-year old sneakers, faded jeans, and a t-shirt that says "I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me".

Love that t-shirt - need to get one for my DH! Khan, you should see how I've been dressing the past few days during my garage door and trim painting project. We would make quite the pair;)

We're having a heat wave here, too. Must be over 95 in the computer area. I'm really getting into this retirement racket--wearing whatever I please with no regard to whether I wore it yesterday or tomorrow. This morning, it's a relaxed-fit pair of jeans, thong sandals and top that may be technically jammies, anyway it w*rks both ways, and I did wear it last nite. I've been going out of the bldg. in the same outfit all week; it's in line to be washed on the weekend, don't worry, I'm pacing myself. Sloooooow doooooown.

Sidenote question for Cuppa: are thong sandals the same as flipflops? I've heard them called that a couple of times and it always throws me off--around here a thong means undergarments. Is is just me or does thong sandal sound weird?

Sidenote question for Cuppa: are thong sandals the same as flipflops? I've heard them called that a couple of times and it always throws me off--around here a thong means undergarments. Is is just me or does thong sandal sound weird?
--
>:D I was debating what to call them. They have that stringy thing between the big and next toe just like fashionable skinny women might wear elsewhere on the body. They are leather and molded to the foot, I gave the brand name in Bigwonderfulwyoming's shoe thread. Real high quality stuff, they don't make that flip flop sound and are cushioned.

I wear shorts, either nice or ratty....(doesn't matter which, as the 1st will eventually become the 2nd), and either a polo (for 'dressin' up) or t-shirts, again either nice or ratty.....MUCH prefer ratty looking, as they are FAR more comfortable. I don't care how I look or what others think of how I look, I dress COMFORTABLY at ALL times! I had to where uniforms for over 30 years, now I get to decide what I wear! :cool:

I dress that way year-round......I only wear long pants if I absolutely have to....even in our IL winters! :rolleyes:

I had to where uniforms for over 30 years, now I get to decide what I wear!

I wore uniforms for a lot of years. I still have a "summer uniform" (shorts and a tee-shirt) and a "winter uniform" (jeans and a flannel shirt). But now I get to decide when to shift from one to the other.

Where I grew up flip-flops were known as 'whore boots". Because the city was crawling with whores, and they padding around in the morning to buy their bacon or whatever in mu-mus or kimonos and whore boots. Later I was astonished to discover that they also had other names. I think the Japanese call them zoris. They even have special socks that indent between the big toe and the other toes.

Ha

I had to where uniforms for over 30 years, now I get to decide what I wear!

I wore uniforms for a lot of years. I still have a "summer uniform" (shorts and a tee-shirt) and a "winter uniform" (jeans and a flannel shirt). But now I get to decide when to shift from one to the other.

I haven't had flannel shirts in decades, same for corduroy clothing; maybe I'll buy some clothes this fall.

I haven't had flannel shirts in decades, same for corduroy clothing; maybe I'll buy some clothes this fall.

If you lived in Northern New England you would undoubtedly have some of each. L.L. Bean is a great place for flannel shirts and cords, but you can buy them cheaper many other places.

Back
Top Bottom