• B) stopped dying

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • C) stopped curling

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • D) started shaving head

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Started getting it cut at Super Cuts, and began coloring it myself.

Still cut short. Tried using a number 8 clipper and it worked pretty well but the DH doesn't like to do it for me and I am too chicken to try it on myself.

Never colored my hair. Though I have been tempted to put in a bright blue streak. :)

During my working daze, I fussed with my long hair way too much. So for the past few years, I've had a short hair style that I just shampoo, massage a little gel in here and there and I'm ready to go.

I actually primp a little more as a retiree. It helps that I don't get up at 4:30 AM any more. I still wear my hair short and have colored it so long I don't remember what color it was.... The roots are just lighter now.

still a full head of it but i don't seem to recognize the color. it used to match my eyes. the other odd thing i noticed is that the greyer it gets the shorter i keep it.

it is as if it my hair has taken on a life all of its own.

What hair?

still a full head of it but i don't seem to recognize the color. it used to match my eyes. the other odd thing i noticed is that the greyer it gets the shorter i keep it.

it is as if it my hair has taken on a life all of its own.

My hair has apparently taken on a life of its own in some other country:rolleyes:
Oh well. Nature took about 60% of it so I just shave off the other 40%.
Shampoo bill very low. Sunscreen bill very high.

How about...No Change as an option?

What I have left is maybe just a hair longer (sorry :p) but mostly the same cut as before ER.

No change for me too. DH has been cutting it for years, straight across the back below my shoulders, then I cut the bangs and shape the front a bit.
I should clarify that my behavior hasn't changed but the hair is changing color on its own. May I call it platinum blond instead of white? One hair at a time.

Cut it myself since I retired instead of $30 every six weeks. A real money saver.

I thought about letting it grow long and growing a beard until I saw all the gray bits in there and realized it'd make me look like a 50 year old hippy. :p

I haven't changed a bit since ER'ing. I've been shearing my own locks since about 1974, when my favorite barber retired. The last time he cut my hair, he said he was retiring at the end of the month. So when I left the shop, I walked across the street to the hardware store and bought a pair of Raycine clippers by Oster for $18.99, and opened my own private barbershop.

About every 6 weeks I whack my hair about 3/8 of an inch long. I had a full beard (like Santy Claus....only mine was dark brown) for 23 years, but when it got to be about half gray about 9 years ago, I sheared it all off and only kept my cookie duster.
costumed-smiley-018.gif

My wife tells me my gray hair makes me look distinguished :rolleyes:

I keep threating to dye it. I get that look. :D

I keep it short. Got used to it in the military years ago.

Funny... back in the 70s when I was in the Marine Corp, a high and tight was out of place compared to the hair style of the day... today a high and tight or flat-top is cool.

I thought about letting it grow long and growing a beard until I saw all the gray bits in there and realized it'd make me look like a 50 year old hippy. :p

So what's wrong with 50 year old hippies? I say let it grow, stock up on tye dyed t-shirts and get an earring. While you're at it, drag out all those old Greatful Dead albums.

I have no idea what I will do with my hair! :D If I do anything with it, it will be on the spur of the moment and I will do it myself rather than having it done.

I have cut my own hair for the past 30+ years and I actually used the dog's shears when I first started :eek:

... gradually moved up to my own set when Costco had 'em on sale....but I should probably add that I'm not one of those guys with a head full of hair :cool: ....

I recently (3 months ago) was cutting my hair in the bathroom sink when I heard something hit the floor....still continuing to cut, I looked down and saw that it was the "trimmer" part (the part that keeps the shaver an inch off of your head)....yep, you guessed it, I had a nice 2-3 inch SHAVED portion in the back of my head :D ....all I could do was to make the rest look like that!

Gotta admit I never thought that I would like it, but here I am 3 months later and I LOVE it!.....while I use to cut my hair every 4-6 months (I cut it shorter and let it grow out until I couldn't stand it any more OR until DW told me that she was SURE that it was time to trim it again :duh: )....I find my self cutting it every 2-3 weeks just 'cause I LIKE the way it feels!!

Old me - O0 New me - :D

No option for none of the above.

I haven't changed hair style since 1953. What for? It just has some gray in it now.

About every 6 weeks I whack my hair about 3/8 of an inch long. I had a full beard (like Santy Claus....only mine was dark brown) for 23 years, but when it got to be about half gray about 9 years ago, I sheared it all off and only kept my cookie duster.
costumed-smiley-018.gif

Billy F. Gibbons? Here on ER.org?

Took all the dye out, let it go natural which is a silvery gray/white and quite pretty and letting it grow midback now. I wear it in a twist or in a ponytail off my neck and shoulders now. I never would have 1. let it grow so long when working and 2. never let it go natural while in sales where you have to give an impression you are younger all the time. I love it long, wavy and natural now...alot easier on me and the budget.
However, I still use a pro to cut my long bangs and trim it evenly in back. I couldn't cut it if I wanted to in back as it is too long now.

If I were a man and balding, I would do the Bruce Willis thing where he cuts all of it in a stubble-like haircut. VERY sexy!

None of the above. B never applied, C still does it by itself, D will happen when bald spot gets over half dollar size. Meantime trim when it gets unruly, once every six months or so get it cut short. Or when DW nags sufficiently for a cut, maybe.
Natural silver by now, once was blond.

One of my role models at the coffee shop always showers, shaves and arranges his hair every day, says it is really important to him. He's been retired 7 years. I plan to spend more time (and maybe more expense) on such activities. I'm inspired by an old friend who told me my hair looks better when I'm not working.

Back
Top Bottom