First Retirement check

DesertRat

Dryer sheet wannabe
Well it now feels official my first retirement check was direct deposited today. Now that it is too late to turn back I guess I'll just have to go fishing tomorrow.

Desert, same here. First pension check was in the bank today. How strange and wonderful to be getting money for doing nothing.

You live a month they send you a check, that we worked our rearends for.

Enjoy!

Its soooo nice to have all the bills paid with that check and a bunch left over for other stuff.

Money for nothing, but my "Chick" just reminded me she is not at all free...

A year plus in, and it only gets better, the Future's so bright I gotta wear shades...

(I get monthly check number 17 on Tuesday)

Money for nothing, but my "Chick" just reminded me she is not at all free...

A year plus in, and it only gets better, the Future's so bright I gotta wear shades...

Our MP3 playlists must look a lot alike.

Check #7 hit the bank just the other day. Seeing that first direct deposit was sweet. I remember all during the month after thinking that it wasn't real. But when that second check hit - that was when I new it wasn't a pipe dream but a dream come true.

Congratulations Rat

Well, now that you've got me counting too. I just received my 15th direct deposit of retirement earnings. Yes indeed, it is a good feeling!

Check for 1st 2 months (bureaucratic delays :rant:) got deposited a few weeks ago. You know what, I don't even care ...
This retirement stuff is getting better every day.:D
Note the [-]sh*t eating[/-] grin is still there.

Retired Paycheck #338 direct deposited yesterday and SS checks # 91 and #58 hit sometime later this month. Just have to keep breathing.............

Last edited:
I was hoping for my first deposit at the end of August but it did not arrive. Hopefully next month. I will get August as a make up cheque. I will be happier when the first one arrives.

Bruce

Gee...... 14 months into RE and, since I'm paying myself, not sure how to count retirement checks! Let's see, pay myself with one small check daily, a medium check every week, a larger check once a month...... :confused:

How do you other folks too young for SS and not connected to past jobs via the retirement check umbilical cord (ever, or at least not yet) mark the passing of RE time?

Gee...... 14 months into RE and, since I'm paying myself, not sure how to count retirement checks! Let's see, pay myself with one small check daily, a medium check every week, a larger check once a month...... :confused:

How do you other folks too young for SS and not connected to past jobs via the retirement check umbilical cord (ever, or at least not yet) mark the passing of RE time?

I mark it every time I have to make a quarterly tax payment. :'(

Pension checks? What are those?:-\

Hmmm - these things are relative - I was an unemployed slacker 1993 to 1998. Turned 55 and with August 1998 first pension check became 'offically early retired' - then Hurricane George hit and I got to spend it on remodeling.

On the other hand - in 2003 with my trusty webtv - found this forum while surfing the net and became: Drum roll please -

A high class ER.

heh heh heh - yeah!

Is that something like the Norwegian widow's checks? I receive those. Heh heh heh. Sorry Unclemick. Borrowed your line. :)

It's a little thank you from your job for staying so long .It's in addition to the Norwegian widow checks.

HEY Got my first retirement cheque today. All is well. Now lets see how the direct deposit works next month
Bruce

Back
Top Bottom