Freedom = 06-30-17 (FIR?)

Red Badger

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well,big day finally arrived. Sitting at home sipping coffee at the moment. Will take time to enjoy reading this blog, news, etc. Then, once the commuters are gone from the 'hood, I'll go walk with the dog.

After that, shower time and get ready to head to corporate campus. Will avail myself of the indulgence of the Friday breakfast buffet in the cafeteria (not something I would normally do) and then take an hour long stroll on the lakeside trail. After that, it's time to surrender my corporate battle rattle (PC, phone, credit card,etc) and head for the exits! :dance:

So, retiring today and just turned 60 a month(~) ago. While mot retiring early, at least I'm retiring healthy. Lacking any other acronym, I'll just use the moniker of "FIR." :cool:

Just wanted to say thanks to the community that hangs out here, and a hearty one to the mods. I found this forum earlier this year and it's now one of my morning routines, most days. As I've said in other posts, "A well regulated blog, being necessary to the security of a high quality forum, the right of the people to post and share opinions shall be infringed upon." :mad:

Good luck and congrats!! Enjoy a good life ahead!

Let your new life begin.

Last edited:
Congratulations on making it out in one piece.

Savor every morsel of liberty, but please don't be a stranger. I love reading the adventures of the free. Those of us still racing rats can often find our faith lagging, and we rely on the testimony from you folks living in the Promised Land to keep our spirits up.

Congrats!

It's early enough. 60 and healthy ain't bad at all--beats everyone in my extended family....

Looking forward to joining you in 4 weeks. :)

FIR in my opinion, is infinitely better than "Gee poor guy died at his desk". Congrats you passed the finish line and in good health. I look forward to hearing about your adventures in your well deserved retired life.

Congratulations. Enjoy every minute; your time is yours. :dance::dance: That is the one thing I have learned over the last 10 months.

Heartiest congratulations! May your retirement be everything you hoped for - and more! Do keep us up to date on your new-found freedom!

Congratulations! 60 is earlier than 65 :dance:

Congratulations on your early retirement! :clap: You managed to retire at a younger age than I did. I was 61+1/2. I hope you enjoy retired life as much as I do. Every day is like a Saturday on vacation (only better). :D

FIR in my opinion, is infinitely better than "Gee poor guy died at his desk".

FWIW, my brother was planning to retire Jan 1 2017. Three months before (Sept 2016) at the age of 61 he had a massive stroke and while lucky to be alive and doing better, he will never be able to do what he had hoped to do.

GO FOR IT! Enjoy every second. You never know.

Congratulations!! Surely, you must be unusually LUCKY. :tongue:

But seriously, I've only been FIRE for four months but have never been busier or happier. BP is down, weight is declining, and Monday is my favorite day of the week. We wish you the same.

Congratulations on making it out in one piece.

Savor every morsel of liberty, but please don't be a stranger. I love reading the adventures of the free. Those of us still racing rats can often find our faith lagging, and we rely on the testimony from you folks living in the Promised Land to keep our spirits up.

Sincere gratitude for all the comments here!

Mdlerth - I was also inspired by many here and consider it my solemn obligation to keep the flame lit. Regular reports to follow (I've only been "perp - walked" off this forum by the moderators on one occasion :nonono: ), so I'll keep 'em on the positive side. :cool:

Again, to all, Thanks!

Congrats Badger. You're gonna love it!

My 8th year anniversary today. Best thing I ever did was pull the plug in 2009.

You slacker...

Well you are a slacker ; I retired @ 59 a year and a half ago.... but welcome to the club :dance:

Congratulations and hope you enjoy it as much as those of us here are doing. Looking forward to hearing updates about your wonderful next phase!

Back
Top Bottom