Full FIRE at last!!

Thanks [emoji120]

This final full retirement launch was a little different due to quitting while working from home during Covid. I thought I’d like it better doing my job there but found you just never escape the job stress. Job and personal life interact too much with each other for it to work.

Attending micromanaged meetings from the comfort of sitting at your breakfast bar is still getting micromanaged unfortunately.

I did get the chance to go back to the empty office to drop off the laptop though, it was eery but strangely comforting. Took my nameplate and felt the huge relief I was looking for, gave the badge to security and did the rear view mirror glance. [emoji4]

Now the new chapter is here!!🥳

WOW, you sound like my doppelgänger in spirit and about a month ahead of me. Even the same career and same places I lake to travel to. Had a trip to England planned for May but then the Covid came. I've been to southern England but haven't made it to the Isle of wight. And spent a lot of time in Charleston working at the Airforce base on C17 flight simulator SW.

Not quite FIREd yet, but very soon and I can't wait for that last trip to the office you describe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom