Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-18-2007, 09:03 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Now you guys have a feeling for why one can go on for several pages of posts on optimal thermostat operation and placement

Its actually 60 degrees and raining in Excramento this morning. Which is basically ludicrous.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

REWahoo:

Nice rig. And really, really big. You're gonna scare the girls goin down the road.

So now that you're eligable to become a member of our secret, elite group of good for nuthin RVers, you need to join us: Just send me $500 . . . um . . . cash and I'll send you our secret membership ring. This payment also includes advice on a toad with a 'happy horn' for parades, a fez, and access to three road warrior babes

of your choice.

Congratulations

Old 07-18-2007, 09:04 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Re wahoo ,
Don't go for Greg's offer it's bogus for only 4 easy payments of $99 .I will send you the information that every RVer needs namely
1- Where the rv parks that have happy hours are
2- Where the super models camp
3- What Japanese lanterns will make you popular at the camp

and sooooo much more .That's four easy payments of $99 .Call now our lines are open!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Yeah but theres no fez. Heck, if I knew there was a fez involved, I'd have bought one of the dang things.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Re wahoo ,
Don't go for Greg's offer it's bogus for only 4 easy payments of $99 .I will send you the information that every RVer needs namely
1- Where the rv parks that have happy hours are
2- Where the super models camp
3- What Japanese lanterns will make you popular at the camp

and sooooo much more .That's four easy payments of $99 .Call now our lines are open!
WAIT, Mr. Wahoo. Don't listen to others who only want your money.

For 4 easy payments of $98 (that's a $4 savings) I will show you how to get rich RVing. Black water got you down? Sell that stuff as oil! Yes OIL! Texans will buy almost anything black and liquid if you call it oil.

Secret Greetings? Hogwash. I can show you how to say, "Dag nabbit" in one easy lesson. This will get you into any RV park in Texas (void in Austin).

Finally, this week only, we'll include a Guide to RV Massage Parlors in Amarillo. Act now. Tired after a 3000 mile, 10 day trip across Texas? Stop in and let our little Toads relax your cares away.

Act now. This offer void where prohibited (Austin, mostly).

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:31 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

for this week only I'll include the Rv's guide to swingers ,Japanese lanterns guaranteed to start a party and the Rv Cd collection including such favorites as "On the road again " Traveling Man " Witchita Lineman "and My personal favorite "Leaving on a RV" .that is four easy payments of $99 .We accept credit cards ,cash ,money orders ,children ,any collateral .this is a limited time offer and will expire in 3000.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:34 PM   #27
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Greg, is the Fez a Stetson?

Moemg, do super models camp? Really?

Doc, are you suggesting I not drive my camper down 6th Street?

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:58 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
for this week only I'll include the Rv's guide to swingers ,Japanese lanterns guaranteed to start a party and the Rv Cd collection including such favorites as "On the road again " Traveling Man " Witchita Lineman "and My personal favorite "Leaving on a RV" .that is four easy payments of $99 .We accept credit cards ,cash ,money orders ,children ,any collateral .this is a limited time offer and will expire in 3000.

I give up. I'm not worthy.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:37 AM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post

Moemg, do super models camp? Really?
Absolutely ! Just send in your first payment and I'll include .
RV sites where you are guaranteed to run into Paris Hilton
Old 07-19-2007, 08:50 AM   #30
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Absolutely ! Just send in your first payment and I'll include RV sites where you are guaranteed to run into Paris Hilton
Moemg, fire your marketing department. Some ads just don't work and this is one of them.

Now if you change "run into" to "run over", I might be interested.

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:43 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
No, it's a Ramses.

http://www.megapartyshop.com/images/...roduct1350.jpg

Plus my offer is less bogus than those other offers. It includes a secret handshake.

--Greg

PS Where might you go for your first trip?
Old 07-21-2007, 08:33 PM   #32

Update:
We have been out of phone card range so no internet service. We made it though the twists and turns of 101 up to Coos Bay and then headed East on 42 to I-5 down to Grant's Pass and then through the Ponderosa Pine forests at the base of Mt. Shasta to Hat Creek, CA for the night. We met a whole bunch of nice folks at the RV park and had a great time. Today we drove to Winnemucca, NV where we are crammed in like sardines with the other poor RV vagabonds for the night. No pictures here as there is not much worthwhile to photograph.

Tommorrow we are only going to Elko, NV...a mere 128 miles from here as we are worn out and need some RnR instead of 8 hour + driving days. We are glad to be out of the tight turns and constant grade changes but we miss the ocean and the cooler weather already. We are already planning our next trip to the Oregon coast.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:15 PM   #33

Steve,

Please keep us posted on your Oregon coast journey. We are very interested in relocating to the NW.

Have a pleasant trip.

Spanky
Old 08-12-2007, 09:36 PM   #34

Spanky,

We have been back for a while. I am currently in TN taking care of my mother for a few days while we get her set up on a nursing home for rehab from her recent surgery.

Relative to OR coast. I would love to spend more time there to see what part of the coast I would enjoy best. We only got to see about 1/3 of it as we had to divert east to get to I-5 so we could start back home. We will get back there next year for a longer trip and will stay at various places along the coast all the way up to Seattle. It is truly beautiful country and was a pleasant change in climate from the 100+ arid desert climate we are used to all summer.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
Spanky,

We have been back for a while. I am currently in TN taking care of my mother for a few days while we get her set up on a nursing home for rehab from her recent surgery.

Relative to OR coast. I would love to spend more time there to see what part of the coast I would enjoy best. We only got to see about 1/3 of it as we had to divert east to get to I-5 so we could start back home. We will get back there next year for a longer trip and will stay at various places along the coast all the way up to Seattle. It is truly beautiful country and was a pleasant change in climate from the 100+ arid desert climate we are used to all summer.
Steve,

Thanks for the update and wish your mother well.

Spanky