Growing old

larry

Recycles dryer sheets
Watched the early show this morning and closing out the show was Kenny Rogers singing the Gambler, I DIDN"T EVEN RECOGNIZE HIM! If no one has seen him lately you wouldn't believe it was even him. I guess I want to age like that!

larry said:
Watched the early show this morning and closing out the show was Kenny Rogers singing the Gambler, I DIDN"T EVEN RECOGNIZE HIM!  If no one has seen him lately you wouldn't believe it was even him.  I guess I want to age like that!

Yes... I saw him a week or so on I believe 60 minutes... Showed him with a VERY YOUNG wife and two small boys... just what you want when you retire!!

And I think he would be the first to admit - 'That he still can't sing' :D

Kenny R. is 67 years old and had a TON of plastic surgery. He was on an entertainment show the other night and stated he is in the running with "Joan Rivers." Also, he has been married five times.

BabyApe said:
What about the material girl? Have you seen her lately?

We used to call her the venereal girl. We changed the words to her song too. :D

I had the opportunity/misfortune to spend about five hours ina dermatology office this past week (DH got varicose vein surgery---not for cosmetic purposes, but because the coctor convinced him that they would get worse and lead to dire medical consequences, like skin ulcers). It was amazing how many women (and a few men) over 35 were getting antiaging procedures. The doctor doesn't do plastic surgery per se, but all the botox, laser, etc. They looked perfectly fine but seemed obsessed with even the slighest wrinkle or skin discoloration. Don't know if it's too much time or money on their hands---or both. But one things for sure: this generation is not going to grow old gracefully or cheaply!
I'd rather save my money and be able to RE. (It seems like some of these cosmetic things only go so far anyway. Either they don't look natural, like that startled look from facelifts and eye jobs, or they look okay but just results in someone looking good for their age, but still looking that age. There is no cosmetic surgery that will make someone 50 look like 20.)

Yes, Tangomaster, I do agree on the changed look. When I saw Mr. Rogers on the tv I thought he had a Leona Helmsley look to him. I honestly thought to myself, "who is this person singing this Kenny Rogers song?" I guess one benefit of the operation will be that when he dies they won't have to worry about laying him out straight as he probably can't bend over now without popping a few stiches.

There are plenty of folks that I've seen on TV and in real life that simply refuse to grow old. I'd count myself among them when I'm ready for a little nip/tuck. It's not that I'd be desperate to hang onto my youth (as many people do out of regret over things left undone), but rather simply because medical science would allow me to do so.

Although I do agree that some take it to the extreme, I see nothing wrong with using the technology available to maintain your looks or make life easier. I love what they can do with lasers these days.

Never thought about until just now.

Primarily because of my thinning hair, I have been shaving my head for several years. Since I hope to spend a lot of time in Thailand, I wonder if at 58, it's not too late for me to get hair transplants there. I assume it would considerably cheaping than the USA.

What do you think ? O0 :duh:

MJ said:

Primarily because of my thinning hair, I have been shaving my head for several years. Since I hope to spend a lot of time in Thailand, I wonder if at 58, it's not too late for me to get hair transplants there. I assume it would considerably cheaping than the USA.

What do you think ?  O0 :duh:

I think you would look good with the afro. You could then walk around saying "obey your thirst" and "show them my motto"

attachment.do

MJ said:

What do you think ? O0 :duh:

Or, you could have your whole head lasered and not have to shave it anymore!

Back
Top Bottom