Guilt Trips & Other Doubts

Martha said:
Az has a good point.  My partners know how much money I make and I know what they make.  I don't think they are sitting around envying my part time schedule and soon to be ER.   They like their lifestyles or jobs or both. 

Absolutely. I used to love business lunches in Victor Rosselini's 410, or dinner at Canlis. What I hated was much of the actual work, and many of my fearless leaders. If I had found a job I liked and a situation with enough autonomy to not have to learn political skills that were probably not possible for me at that time, I would still be having salmon steaks in Champagne Sauce for lunch.

What do they say? “too soon old, too late schmart”

Ha

Hopefully my portfolio will allow some splurges from time to time, but frankly, I've got a bit of extra cash now, being a werkin' fool, and I'm just as happy to slap a steak or slab of salmon on the grill than to go to a "fancy-schmancy" restaurant...

HFWR said:
Or the corollary: If I want any $hit from you, I beat it out of you...   :eek: :p

Or the even more risque  "If I wanted any lip from you, I'd unzip my zipper"...

dsc said:
Or the even more risque "If I wanted any lip from you, I'd unzip my zipper"...

haha...im gonna use that one tonight on the old lady....

I just keep my mouth shut around the extended family.  Although we are far from retiring I'm sure that my extended family (i.e. aunts, uncles and cousins) would be jealous if they knew that DH and I haven't had a mortgage payment since 2001 or that our net worth is $9K short of $1 million (considering that we're 36 and 33).  

I find that my extended family is happier to hear if you're having PROBLEMS rather than success in life (probably because my own cousins are such screw ups).  Sad but true.  Thank goodness my own parents aren't that way....I always tell my mom she must have been adopted since she's nothing like her brothers and sisters.   :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom