How to check out any zip code area:

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Found this in the Wall St. Journal this morning, and thought I would share it as so many of us are asking about various areas to move to. For those of us who want to find out if a new area we are considering is up to snuff, check it out at this web address (pretty cool):

ZIPskinny - Get the Skinny on that ZIP

Last edited by a moderator:
I checke out my zip code and the figures are bogus for one thing no one reported being a farmer in the zip code,,,, that's biggest occupation here besides logging, there are six farms on my little road. In the zip code there must be several dozen. I don't know where they got their figures but they don't jive with reality in this area.

Thanks for posting zipskinny! I like the comparison features. I imagine it is as accurate as the census info can be.

Thanks, Orchidflower, at first I thought the numbers were off for my zip code until I realized that neighborhood divisions are different than zip codes. Interesting.

I'll second that epodunk.com is a great site, too, Tiger. Thanks for the other listings. I had no heard of them before I don't think. Alot of us are constantly looking for new & better statistics.
Interesting note is when you look at the air and water quality on The Best Retirement Cities board. That was a little eye opener to me as I had no idea so many areas had bad water. Yikes!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom