Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
All the old gals be like,

"My casserole brings all the codgers to the yard,
They're like, it's better than yours,
Damn right, it's better than yours,
I could teach you but I'd have to charge."

(hoping I never get that desperate)

Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
If you introduce him to a few widows not only will he be occupied but you won't have to cook as the casseroles will just role in !

If you understood everything I say, you'd be me ~ Miles Davis
'There is only one success to be able to spend your life in your own way. Christopher Morley.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2015, 05:22 AM   #42
Full time employment: Posting here.
Good thing he is leaving.

I would have put his stuff outside and changed the locks the next time he journeyed out.

jim584672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:58 AM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Loud music (whatever type he hates), especially during his sleeping hours. Cook up some kimchee or other delicious and smelly recipes. Drum circles. Figure out his political bent and invite over the other side for fun discussions. Religion works too.

I can chase people out of my house without even trying. It should be easy if you're truly motivated.
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." - Will Rogers
DW and I - FIREd at 50 (7/06), living off assets
harley is online now   Reply With Quote
How to survive an unexpected house guest?
Old 01-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #44
How to survive an unexpected house guest?

Start surreptitiously moving his things around the house when no one is looking. Turn his clean socks inside out in the drawer. Hopefully, you are not being an enabler and doing his laundry and stuff for him. Or cooking for him. Or running errands. If you are, then stop. If DH complains, then guess what? I'm assuming you've already made your feelings clear to your spouse. If not, shame on you. Communication is key to any successful marriage. Make the same feelings clear to FIL. No success? Take a vacation all by yourself go a weekend. Find a hotel close to work for a week. One with a nice bar. Nothing cheap. Leave the two of them alone for a while to fend for themselves.

But I'm serious about the enabling aspect. If you're enabling the situation by quietly going along with it, you've nothing to complain about. You're being part of the problem, and FIL will never leave. Why should he? He's got someone to all the chores his wife used to handle so he doesn't have to deal with them

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
"Growing old is no excuse for growing up."
seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:25 PM   #45
Apologies - I missed your explanation post

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

"Growing old is no excuse for growing up."
seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote