In the course of ER how often did you move?

In the course of ER did you move and why?

• Sayed in same house as before ER

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Moved for ER and that's it. No plan for more.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Moved for ER and once more

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Moved more than 3 times

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I don't have a sedentary life

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

perinova

Full time employment: Posting here.
Please explain what made you move more than once? Was it a matter of fun? crime? climate? boredom? family ties? cost-of-living?
Was it changing circumstances or do you feel you madea mistake with your initial move?

perinova said:
Please explain what made you move more than once? Was it a matter of fun? crime? climate? boredom? family ties? cost-of-living?
Was it changing circumstances or do you feel you madea mistake with your initial move?
All our moves have been with the military, so the answers to the above questions would be "Yes".

With one exception. Spouse found our "dream house" in 2000, about two years before I ER'd, so that move was our idea. Luckily she was also leaving active duty so we were able to make the military pay for the move!

We stayed in the same house when we first ER'd. We wanted to move, as we didn't like living in a city suburb, but we couldn't figure out where to move. Finally, after SIX YEARS, we figured it out, and we sold our house and moved into an RV. Now we move as often as meets our fancy.

Audrey

Once within a year of ER as it was our 'almost' dream house.
I expect to move once more if we find a location we like where I can set up a 100% green built house (takes no net energy from the electric grid).

Wanted to do this now, but setting up a personal wind generator is curruntly so bogged down in regulations (approval from the city, from the neighbors, from the county, from the state). I am hoping that the general enviornment for green technologies will be more friendly in a few years.

Zathras said:
Once within a year of ER as it was our 'almost' dream house.
I expect to move once more if we find a location we like where I can set up a 100% green built house (takes no net energy from the electric grid).

Wanted to do this now, but setting up a personal wind generator is curruntly so bogged down in regulations (approval from the city, from the neighbors, from the county, from the state). I am hoping that the general enviornment for green technologies will be more friendly in a few years.

http://earthship.com/

http://biohome.net/

For the first several years, one home, countless locations. ER'ed onto a boat, and spent the next several years chasing good weather. A great situation -- moving all the time, but never packing!

I sold my house in early 2006. I temporarily moved in with my Dad for almost 5 months. I recently (sorta) moved to Tucson but I have no real home (yet) as I am planning to go overseas shortly, for 6 months or more. I probably won't have a real home to move from, for a year or 2.

I've been here since September '78.

In the future: might leave, might stay, might remodel...

Zathras said:
I am hoping that the general enviornment for green technologies will be more friendly in a few years.
How's the noise? How do you handle the birdstrike problem?

Moved twice within a year of ER. Regrets? A few. Lost social network, even though we still talk on phone to old friends. Cost of living about the same. It was climate, climate and climate. :)

Nords said:
How's the noise? How do you handle the birdstrike problem?

At 50ft the noise is similar to wind through a wheat field. Birdstrikes are virtually a non-event (for a friend who has one, I don't yet). He says bird's hit his windows of his house more often than the wind generator.

Khan, thanks for the links, looking into those now:)

Couldn't vote any of the options. Stayed in same house after ER for over 4 years. Only moved (about 750 miles) in order to care for elderly parent. Though the parent has passed away, this is our new home and have no plans to move again.

RE2Boys

Sold the duplex in town - lived the first 11 yrs of ER 'in da camp' over Lake Ponchartrain.

Moved - courtesy Katrina.

Move again:confused:? Who knows?

heh heh heh heh

Back
Top Bottom