Is our attitude toward work different than general population?

that dang Nords!

repeat to self ten times and meditate - I'm not an engineer, I'm retired!

So what if you're in a 'good' part of MO solar map wise and the long direction of the roof faces south.

Time to go fishing.

heh heh heh - ;) And bring the ice tea - maybe 100 degree's in Kansas City today.

Uncle Mick, it's easier to just put on your swimsuit or shorts, sit back with that iced tea and turn the thermostat up a tad to maybe 85. Remind yourself that temperature in Hawaii does not impact electric bills since A/C is really not necessary there. Tell yourself that you won't have the start-up costs for solar, either.

We're having record-breaking heat down here, too. Turn the thermostat up to 90 if you're going fishing! :)

Remind yourself that temperature in Hawaii does not impact electric bills since A/C is really not necessary there. Tell yourself that you won't have the start-up costs for solar, either.
UncleMick is pointing out that the money is just a side effect of the hobby!

UncleMick is pointing out that the money is just a side effect of the hobby!

Yep! But then as he pointed out, "repeat to self ten times and meditate - I'm not an engineer, I'm retired!" Guess there are limits on what a guy is willing to spend on his hobby. :)

You know, Heathkit could be making a fortune from ER baby boomer engineers and technicians these days, if they were still easily and cheaply available (the Heathkits, not the engineers and technicians).

I guess the $3k/mo I am paying for renting our penthouse gets me kicked out of this club! (Only 2800/mo USD.)

But I am sure glad the $2.1 million market value was never deducted from our portfolio...

You know, Heathkit could be making a fortune from ER baby boomer engineers and technicians these days, if they were still easily and cheaply available (the Heathkits, not the engineers and technicians).

My Dad used to build the Heathkits as a hobby. He'd spend an hour or 2 each evening working on his projects.....usually built about 1 each year. When he got tired of something, he'd sell it, and buy another new kit. And I always liked tinkering around with stuff like that, so if they were still in business I'd probably drop a few $$ on there wares.

I guess the $3k/mo I am paying for renting our penthouse gets me kicked out of this club! (Only 2800/mo USD.)

But I am sure glad the $2.1 million market value was never deducted from our portfolio...

You are retired, and it sounds like you are happy with your lifestyle. So jump right in! I think that is a goal that we all share, here, so you are still in the club.

I am just looking forward to the day when I can make the leap into ER, and find out what income I really do have in retirement, as opposed to what I think I will have. Who knows - - I might have to learn to spend over $2K/mo! :D

My third of gas/elec/water/sewer runs me $20-$30 per month, plus $7.50 for DSL. Housesharing is good! (4BR/2 bath town house, not end unit)

Back
Top Bottom