Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Last year is here!!!
Old 06-03-2016, 09:20 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets
GreenER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Pastures
Posts: 135
Last year is here!!!

We have just crossed over into our last year of w*rk! All the pieces are falling into place. Destination location has been picked and landing place has been secured. We have listed our big house for sale! So excited I can almost taste freedom! Things seem to be accelerating and I am hopeful this last year will fly by. It would have been nice if the markets hadn't been so stagnant the last two years, but we still come out fine on Firecalc thanks to a pension. We also expect to do fairly well on the house sale and our future home and expenses will be more modest than the one we are selling. All of our work toward this point over the last year has been stressful but has brought us closer together. I'm looking forward to exploring our new area and our new freedom with my pal. It just gets better!
__________________

__________________
"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things" Henry Miller
GreenER is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2016, 09:24 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
2017ish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,848
Yahoo! Class of '16 or '17? (Looks like you might be on same mid-'17 timetable as us?)

Enjoy and congrats. :-)
__________________

__________________
OMY * 3 2ish Done 7.28.17
2017ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:54 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 501
How exciting! I have 15 months to go and can't wait to get down to less than a year. You must be very organized to have your home on the market already. I am taking stabs at decluttering but don't plan to do much until after retirement.
__________________
ABQ2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:04 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
RetireAge50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,121
Yee Haw!!

One more year here too. Feels like it is the summer before senior year in high school.

You started your Senior year early getting the house sold already. Next year will be easy.

2017 Rocks!
__________________
RetireAge50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DrRoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,727
Quote:
Yee Haw!!

One more year here too.
+1 10 months to go.
__________________
"The mountains are calling, and I must go." John Muir
DrRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:35 AM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets
GreenER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Pastures
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ2015 View Post
You must be very organized to have your home on the market already.
Not so organized really, just crazy! We decided the time was right to sell, so we made a push to get it on the market now rather than waiting until after we were retired next year. It has been extremely stressful to do all of the work of decluttering and moving most of our things while still working but all of that is behind us now. This is the last time we will physically do a move ourselves. Murphy conspired to make the last two months as difficult in our work lives and with family responsibilities as possible! I am just hoping it sells quickly! It is a seller's market here now, so, fingers crossed! With the house sold we can just jet on down to our new place next May when my pension comes due. Yahoo is right!!!
__________________
"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things" Henry Miller
GreenER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:41 AM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets
GreenER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Pastures
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireAge50 View Post
Yee Haw!!

One more year here too. Feels like it is the summer before senior year in high school.

You started your Senior year early getting the house sold already. Next year will be easy.

2017 Rocks!
It does feel like senior year! I wake up every morning now with excited butterflies of anticipation! I keep thinking thoughts like, this is the last summer I will have to trundle off to w*rk on a beautiful day and this is the last time I will have to request this holiday time off. SWEET!!!
__________________
"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things" Henry Miller
GreenER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:49 AM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
euro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenER View Post
We have just crossed over into our last year of w*rk! All the pieces are falling into place. Destination location has been picked and landing place has been secured. We have listed our big house for sale! So excited I can almost taste freedom! Things seem to be accelerating and I am hopeful this last year will fly by. It would have been nice if the markets hadn't been so stagnant the last two years, but we still come out fine on Firecalc thanks to a pension. We also expect to do fairly well on the house sale and our future home and expenses will be more modest than the one we are selling. All of our work toward this point over the last year has been stressful but has brought us closer together. I'm looking forward to exploring our new area and our new freedom with my pal. It just gets better!
Congrats and best of luck to you! Are you planning on renting a place if your home sells quickly? Sounds like you will make a major move, so you probably can't commute from your future retirement location?
__________________
euro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:56 AM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland/North Port
Posts: 182
Congrats. 18 months for me if mega corp still wants me. New house is being built in North Port Florida, I am putting the current Oregon home on the market at the end of this month and buy a small townhouse here. I also begin to see the light at the ned of the tunnel - so exciting.

Life is good.
__________________
neihn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:44 AM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets
GreenER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Pastures
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro View Post
Congrats and best of luck to you! Are you planning on renting a place if your home sells quickly? Sounds like you will make a major move, so you probably can't commute from your future retirement location?
Yes, short term rental. Hoping to have some time to enjoy our current location with less responsibility and with a recently renewed appreciation. We live in a lovely place and one that many are retiring too. Feeling a little nostalgic but also really ready for the next phase and for our new explorations. We will also have decreased expenses for the year that we rent, so more money to shuffle off to savings.
__________________

__________________
"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things" Henry Miller
GreenER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last Day Was Last Friday! Trooper Hi, I am... 10 02-09-2016 01:53 PM
Your TOTAL % return so far this year and last year. modhatter FIRE and Money 49 10-19-2006 05:03 AM
See @ Last, See @ Last, Thank God I Can See @ Last Beachbumz Other topics 24 02-18-2005 08:16 PM
Did you miss the RMD last year? mickeyd Life after FIRE 4 01-14-2005 10:07 AM

 

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:20 PM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.