Last year is here!!!

GreenER

Recycles dryer sheets
We have just crossed over into our last year of w*rk! All the pieces are falling into place. Destination location has been picked and landing place has been secured. We have listed our big house for sale! So excited I can almost taste freedom! Things seem to be accelerating and I am hopeful this last year will fly by. It would have been nice if the markets hadn't been so stagnant the last two years, but we still come out fine on Firecalc thanks to a pension. We also expect to do fairly well on the house sale and our future home and expenses will be more modest than the one we are selling. All of our work toward this point over the last year has been stressful but has brought us closer together. I'm looking forward to exploring our new area and our new freedom with my pal. It just gets better!

Yahoo! Class of '16 or '17? (Looks like you might be on same mid-'17 timetable as us?)

Enjoy and congrats. :)

How exciting! I have 15 months to go and can't wait to get down to less than a year. You must be very organized to have your home on the market already. I am taking stabs at decluttering but don't plan to do much until after retirement.

Yee Haw!!

One more year here too. Feels like it is the summer before senior year in high school.

You started your Senior year early getting the house sold already. Next year will be easy.

2017 Rocks!

You must be very organized to have your home on the market already.

Not so organized really, just crazy! We decided the time was right to sell, so we made a push to get it on the market now rather than waiting until after we were retired next year. It has been extremely stressful to do all of the work of decluttering and moving most of our things while still working but all of that is behind us now. This is the last time we will physically do a move ourselves. Murphy conspired to make the last two months as difficult in our work lives and with family responsibilities as possible! I am just hoping it sells quickly! It is a seller's market here now, so, fingers crossed! With the house sold we can just jet on down to our new place next May when my pension comes due. Yahoo is right!!!

Yee Haw!!

One more year here too. Feels like it is the summer before senior year in high school.

You started your Senior year early getting the house sold already. Next year will be easy.

2017 Rocks!

It does feel like senior year! I wake up every morning now with excited butterflies of anticipation! I keep thinking thoughts like, this is the last summer I will have to trundle off to w*rk on a beautiful day and this is the last time I will have to request this holiday time off. SWEET!!!

We have just crossed over into our last year of w*rk! All the pieces are falling into place. Destination location has been picked and landing place has been secured. We have listed our big house for sale! So excited I can almost taste freedom! Things seem to be accelerating and I am hopeful this last year will fly by. It would have been nice if the markets hadn't been so stagnant the last two years, but we still come out fine on Firecalc thanks to a pension. We also expect to do fairly well on the house sale and our future home and expenses will be more modest than the one we are selling. All of our work toward this point over the last year has been stressful but has brought us closer together. I'm looking forward to exploring our new area and our new freedom with my pal. It just gets better!

Congrats and best of luck to you! Are you planning on renting a place if your home sells quickly? Sounds like you will make a major move, so you probably can't commute from your future retirement location?

Congrats. 18 months for me if mega corp still wants me. New house is being built in North Port Florida, I am putting the current Oregon home on the market at the end of this month and buy a small townhouse here. I also begin to see the light at the ned of the tunnel - so exciting.

Life is good.

Last edited:
Congrats and best of luck to you! Are you planning on renting a place if your home sells quickly? Sounds like you will make a major move, so you probably can't commute from your future retirement location?

Yes, short term rental. Hoping to have some time to enjoy our current location with less responsibility and with a recently renewed appreciation. We live in a lovely place and one that many are retiring too. Feeling a little nostalgic but also really ready for the next phase and for our new explorations. We will also have decreased expenses for the year that we rent, so more money to shuffle off to savings:dance:.

Back
Top Bottom