Life of a dog..............

My black Lab dog-daughter, Emily Ann. She is 14.5 years old and in very bad shape. Still wags her tail and eats but has to have chicken broth added to her water so she'll drink.

She has about 20-25 fatty tumors just under her skin. We had a few taken off but they are apparently harmless. Retriever dogs are prone to them.

Dawg, I hope your dog lives forever.

Mike D.
She looks great to me. I've lived with dogs all my life and while they are a joy as adolescents, I like them better in the puppy stage and best of all by far when they are older. It's when they need you the most, and most dog people I know are happy to oblige. My opinion anyway...

Brought my buddy home from the vet this afternoon. She looks a little droopy but seems ok. As far as cancer goes, it will take about a week for the test to come back. The vet seemed fairly positive though. :)

As I was waiting for my dog, a guy that looked like Paul Bunyan told me about having to have one of his labs put to sleep. He said he cried for 2 days. Amazing what animals do to you.

Brought my buddy home from the vet this afternoon. She looks a little droopy but seems ok. As far as cancer goes, it will take about a week for the test to come back. The vet seemed fairly positive though. :)

As I was waiting for my dog, a guy that looked like Paul Bunyan told me about having to have one of his labs put to sleep. He said he cried for 2 days. Amazing what animals do to you.
Sounds like things went as well as possible. Glad to hear the vet seemed so positive!

Here's my retriever

img_657194_0_8a4af46f292f00f6ac4b1e890f28c793.jpg

img_657194_1_b45b7a89eff08e90cd1967fa38b128a9.jpg

I can smell eau de wet chien from here.

Here's my senior girl, Grace. She's 11 this year and has the fatty tumors, too, but otherwise in great shape (well, except for being a bit of a full-figured gal). Her 9 year old daughter is deaf as a post!

Y'all have some lovely dogs! I love those action shots!

Attachments

• Grace.JPG
    Grace.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 1
Keep those dog photos coming! I really have enjoyed your pics. Here is Elfie the Corgi. He's almost 12 now and lost his sight but still is an active walker and very happy. The second picture shows how Corgi's rest sometimes -- the flying Corgi pose.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Awww.....I hope to have a dog one day and a herd of cats!

Citrine, once you get settled in Asheville, we'll drop a load of mammals off at your door! :)
I have five cats, which surely qualifies as a herd, and I made the mistake of visiting the cat area last week when I went to pick up a Border Collie for transport to his new foster home. A sweet cat named Hannah pressed herself up against the front of her cage until I took her out to play--now I am nagging DH to go "look" at her, since adult cats don't have nearly the chance of adoption that kittens do.

Dawg, keep us posted on those results. My vets say that dogs can respond extremely well to cancer treatment, if that is the diagnosis.

Action photos? Shadow, our Golden (passed away this winter) honestly believed the only reason we have a swimming pool was FOR HIM!!
img_657534_0_45601aadbff33ab883a5ebd27e6bdfa7.jpg

img_657534_1_a6f69e2e5587d3b34e4ce88da4b94aa5.jpg

Trying my first picture post. If my boys can't make me do it, nothing can ;-)

Dandy on the left, Duckie on the right:

SnowDawgs.jpg

Rustic, I love the smooth coats, as I'm sure I've told you before! My BCs are afraid of rain, and will all go get in the bathtub at the first drops.
Mike, what a beautiful golden and I'm so sorry for your loss--ya'll need to get another dog to play in the pool this summer!
Stripe, I'm usually pretty good at this--but are those cattle dogs? They are gorgeous! What fun snow play!

You guys are making me seriously consider getting a dog! I thought I was content with just one cat, but the joy of these dogs, especially in the action shots, is pretty irresistible!

Hi Sarah - yes, they're Australian Cattledogs - three year old brothers. Kind of like having twin seven-year-old human boys, 'cept messier ;-)

They keep me fit (moving) and safe....

Marquette, That was pretty funny! We got dog people trying to win over the cat people. Here are four kittens I am fostering for the animal shelter. Doesn't this just make everyone want to adopt a cat (or two)?

Attachments

• Kittens2.JPG
    Kittens2.JPG
    421.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Kitten 2.JPG
    Kitten 2.JPG
    452.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Kitten 1.JPG
    Kitten 1.JPG
    433 KB · Views: 3
Marquette, That was pretty funny! We got dog people trying to win over the cat people. Here are four kittens I am fostering for the animal shelter. Doesn't this just make everyone want to adopt a cat (or two)?

Purron... I'd love a cat but, unfortunately, so would my dog... in his case, preferrably with katsup and mayo. So, it'll be a while

Unique dogs, Stripe! Love their coloring and alertness.

Marquette, I've never been able to be hypnotized by humans, but that dog is definitely doing a number on me!

Action photos? Shadow, our Golden (passed away this winter) honestly believed the only reason we have a swimming pool was FOR HIM!!
img_657621_0_45601aadbff33ab883a5ebd27e6bdfa7.jpg

img_657621_1_a6f69e2e5587d3b34e4ce88da4b94aa5.jpg

Awwwww, great action pics. My golden is 7 years old and only recently have I been able to get her to swim. Over the years I would throw a stick in the water and she would just wade out and look at it. Three weeks ago I decided to throw one of her tennis balls out in the lake to see what would happen. She waded out and barked at it for a few minutes and then decided to give it a try. She just pushed off and went after it. So funny to see the look on her face when she realized she could do it. When she gets well, I'm gonna have to see if I can get her to dive after it like yours.

So sorry for your loss. Maybe you can rescue one this summer! So many good pictures posted. Glad I started the thread. :)

Saluki, I liked your dirty dawg pic so much that I had to dig this one out of the archives... boys will be boys ;-)

muddawg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom