Life of a dog..............

My mini schnauzer

My mini schnauzer

Attachments

• zootpic.jpg
    zootpic.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 198
Very cute MH - I LOVE schnauzers - so much personality!

mh, how in the world did you manage to keep those beautiful blue eyes from washing out in red? That's a NICE photo.

Sarah, we currently have Boru and then we also have inherited Buddy (the brainless Chocolate Lab) I'll have to work on photos for him. Basically he's SO eager to please he will do ANYTHING you tell him to, and he will also join you in the pool/river in a heartbeat or less. I think two is enough for now. Once we move to the country I might consider more.

Rich
Tampa, FL (10% retired)
Sophie
Tampa, FL (100% retired)

Purron... I'd love a cat but, unfortunately, so would my dog... in his case, preferrably with katsup and mayo. So, it'll be a while

Marquette, wish I could offer to loan you the cat I grew up with. She followed us home one Halloween and never left. She was a tiny little tortie and liked lying in the sun in our cul-de-sac. One day our neighbor's akita got loose, spied our cat sunning herself and went beserker. My brother and I were in the yard and we saw him go for her and started screaming our heads off (he, unfortunately, was not a very nice dog). Our cat didn't move and we were sure that she was about to be lunch. Just as the akita got to her she jumped up, clamped her body over his HEAD, and started biting and scratching and gutting his nose and eyes. You never saw a dog stop so fast. Our cat jumped off, the dog turned and belted back home (with, thankfully, flesh wounds but nothing more) and never bothered any of us again. Our cat went back to sunning herself like nothing had happened.

Still, those three seconds before she kicked his a** took about five years off my life in sheer terror.

Wish I had a dog pic to post. Maybe this fall..... we might inherit a fantastic lab from family (ours) who are facing a change of living situation. Or maybe they'll figure out a way to keep her. I have fingers crossed on one hand that she'll come to us, and fingers crossed on the other hand that it works out for them (they really love her). So, does that cancel out my hope for us? Because I'm pretty sure that one of the commandments reads: "Thou shalt not covet thy fam's dog."

Last edited:
Good news from the vet. No cancer, just a benign tumor. Stitches come out Friday. Looks like more swimming trips soon. :)

Dawg, that is great news! What a relief! Give that great big dog a great big squeeze from all of us in Mammalville, SC!

Good news from the vet. No cancer, just a benign tumor. Stitches come out Friday. Looks like more swimming trips soon. :)

Fantastic! I look forward to seeing more pictures soon.:D:D:D

Hey Dawg - Good to hear your baby is in the swim again and helping you to break the ice with dawg loving women...My Lily is a water dog too - she's a wader though - tries to keep those floppy ears dry.

Great news! I am so happy for you.

Purron: Those pictures definitely tempt me. I have a hard time looking at the pictures of animals in the paper that they are trying to adopt. I feel so sorry for them, but 5 cats is more than enough. I will never move to a farm, because my DH said he would have 100 cats if we lived out in the country and we had a barn. He loves cats.

Great news! I am so happy for you.

Purron: Those pictures definitely tempt me. I have a hard time looking at the pictures of animals in the paper that they are trying to adopt. I feel so sorry for them, but 5 cats is more than enough. I will never move to a farm, because my DH said he would have 100 cats if we lived out in the country and we had a barn. He loves cats.

How wonderful of you to provide a loving home for 5 cats! Love them, care for them, and know you are doing more than your share of saving homeless animals. The kittens I posted before are back at the shelter for adoption and a couple have applications on them already. I expect them all to be adopted soon.

Pets are good. Hopefully these kittens will be ours in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 113_1353.jpg
    113_1353.jpg
    619.4 KB · Views: 4
Here's my girl all healed up and enjoying a swim this morning. Relaxing in the second pic. After our 5 mile hike, I'm going to relax myself this afternoon. :)

img_664002_0_fc71bfb4173e0adbd346015db0335240.jpg

img_664002_1_dd7015a561cc007947672fbdaaf2e46e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom