Live-in babysitting

friar1610

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just back from a week of live-in baby sitting for our 3 granddaughters (7, 5 and 3 1/2) while their parents (my daughter and her husband) went on a 10th anniversary vacation.

Got to get the two older ones off to school every day (except for Veterans' Day which was a school holiday). Also pre-school for the youngest one a couple of days. Plus soccer games, birthday parties, Irish dance lessons, etc. What a whirlwind!

We don't remember that there was so much for the kids to do when we were raising ours, but that was a long time ago and we were younger and more energetic.

I'm just happy that:
- My wife and I are fit enough to do this;
- That we're retired so we have the time to do it;
- That I got to meet so many cute young mothers at the bus stop every morning.

Just back from a week of live-in baby sitting for our 3 granddaughters (7, 5 and 3 1/2) ...
Is that combat pay or hazardous-duty pay?

Now the parents are going to have to cope with weeks of "But Grandpa always lets us do it this way!"

Is that combat pay or hazardous-duty pay?

Now the parents are going to have to cope with weeks of "But Grandpa always lets us do it this way!"

Au contraire. My wife and I are the hard-asses. It was "But Mommy always let's us do ...." Our answer was, "But Mommy isn't here; you're playing by our rules."

Au contraire. My wife and I are the hard-asses. It was "But Mommy always let's us do ...." Our answer was, "But Mommy isn't here; you're playing by our rules."
Wow, what a great idea. Your grandkids are probably saying "Gosh, Mommy, you were right, how did you ever survive being raised by them?!?"

So do you think you'll be invited back for an encore?

Oh wait, I'm catching on now...

That is awesome, Friar. Glad you had fun despite all the running around. And I know the parents were thrilled to have you there so they could really enjoy themselves on the vacation!

What good grandparents you are! I hope that you had fun and created some lasting memories for the little ones.

Back
Top Bottom