My first dread-free Sunday is today.

My favorite thing about retirement. No more Sunday angst!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I can look forward to PBS in the evening and then fall asleep with no sinking feeling in the stomach!

I'm staring out at the Salish Sea right now...saw orcas out in the channel this morning and witnessed a seal give birth on reef just out front not 3 hours ago. Then watched a bald eagle steal the placenta and take it back to its nest. Then another eagle showed up and seemed to have designs on the seal pup itself. But the mother defended its offspring with determination that was inspiring. It took her about an hour to coax her baby into the water for its first swim. I watched them frolick together in the kelp beds...magical stuff.

And to top it all off, I don't have to go back to the city and back to work tomorrow...or EVER. Even after 10 months of ER, I still want to pinch myself. :)

Yep, very day is Saturday except for Sunday. :). Dance!!!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

the tradeoff of having dreadfree Sundays is no more fabulous Fridays. But it's worth it.

It's been a month now and I'm gloriously happy. No stress at all. I still get a call occasionally from work about who to call or what regulation applies to a problem, but I don't mind. The lady who was promoted to my job is beginning to see the additional stress. I told her that she needs to start saving a whole lot more money, so that if she decides to retire early, she can. A week later she called me back to say that she and her husband did a LBYM budget and are going to start saving several thousand dollars more each year.

I do set my alarm so I can get up and walk for 45 minutes or so before it gets too hot. But I don't mind getting up for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

My favorite time to walk is early morning too, same reason. I was curious where you lived and checked your profile. It says your retirement year is 2016! I guess you beat your own goal by a year. Congratulations!

I'm staring out at the Salish Sea right now...saw orcas out in the channel this morning and witnessed a seal give birth on reef just out front not 3 hours ago. Then watched a bald eagle steal the placenta and take it back to its nest. Then another eagle showed up and seemed to have designs on the seal pup itself. But the mother defended its offspring with determination that was inspiring. It took her about an hour to coax her baby into the water for its first swim. I watched them frolick together in the kelp beds...magical .....pinch myself. :)

Wow amazing stuff seakayaker. Thanks for sharing.

My favorite time to walk is early morning too, same reason. I was curious where you lived and checked your profile. It says your retirement year is 2016! I guess you beat your own goal by a year. Congratulations!

I'm in West Texas and we have had a cooler wetter summer than usual, but still it's often in the 80's by 10:00 am and sunny. I try to walk from 8:30 to 9:15 or so.

And yes, I couldn't take the stress at work anymore. One more year didn't seem possible to do!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom