My Last Sunday Night Angst

Dog

Full time employment: Posting here.
I have one more week of work and then I'm done. No more dreading Monday mornings. Excited, yet a bit nervous to be leaving the security of a paycheck. I won't miss work though....lots on the calendar :)

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Congrats !!!!

I'm jealous. Hope to be there soon myself. Keep us posted.

I have one more week of work and then I'm done. No more dreading Monday mornings. Excited, yet a bit nervous to be leaving the security of a paycheck. I won't miss work though....lots on the calendar

I'm right there with you, Dog. Although I've got just a bit of Sunday night angst to go yet; luck of the draw would have it that I pulled weekend duty on my last weekend and am on-call yet for a few more hours - but for the last time! Kind of surreal, I'm not sure what to make of it just yet. DW is four weeks into ER, and she says it still feels like vacation (a really relaxing one) to her.

I have one more week of work and then I'm done. No more dreading Monday mornings. Excited, yet a bit nervous to be leaving the security of a paycheck. I won't miss work though....lots on the calendar :)
Enjoy your last week, get ready for lots of coworkers to ask why you have that strange smile and faraway look on your face. :)

Just 5 more instances of Sunday Night Angst for me.... actually, now that the end is near, my level of angst right at this moment is somewhat muted.

This is really gonna happen.:dance:

From this..............
sSc_spin.gif

To this ............
sHa_runaround.gif

Just remember , it's not the end, but a start of a new phase of life, and the endless summer.

Congrats! I can't wait to make a similar post. 70 work days to go...

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

congratulations, Dog!

Sunday night angst was my first sign it was time to retire. I rarely think of it now, on Sunday evenings, but for a long while I did. Sunday evenings will be so golden for you- for a long time,

Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum[/

I too was nervous about leaving the security of a paycheck.....it was all for naught as my pension deposit comes the 1st of the month like clockwork. Congratulations on only one week of work left, best wishes on your retirement.

congrats and best wishes!

Attachments

• 10259770_10152085790387006_3063243697477305028_n.jpg
    10259770_10152085790387006_3063243697477305028_n.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 315
Congrats. I downloaded a retirement countdown counter to my phone, only 708 days left!

Enjoy the feeling!!! Lots to look forward to.

We are a little behind you. I have 3 more Sunday nights and DH has 7 and then yippee!!!

It's a wonderful feeling.

May the rest of the week be celebratory and non-stressful.

Congrats! You're going to love everyday of RE!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I'm in my final countdown too. I don't know my September schedule except that Sept 15th is my last day. I have 29 workdays left and basically 6 calendar weeks.

I sure don't miss those Sunday blues. After retiring, Sunday evening has become my favorite night of the week.

Yesterday was my last day - very emotional. No farewells or thank you from leadership team, but my manager team and their direct reports surprised me with flowers, cake and a wonderful slide show while one of managers played his guitar and sang "time of our life's". Got me sobbing. They gave me a standing ovation and formed a hug line. Won't miss the job....just my team.

Yesterday was my last day - very emotional. No farewells or thank you from leadership team, but my manager team and their direct reports surprised me with flowers, cake and a wonderful slide show while one of managers played his guitar and sang "time of our life's". Got me sobbing. They gave me a standing ovation and formed a hug line. Won't miss the job....just my team.

How sweet!

Sounds like a great send-off! Do you have anything special planned for tomorrow (Sunday) night, now that it won't be filled with angst? :D

Back
Top Bottom