My Last Sunday Night Angst

Yesterday was my last day - very emotional. No farewells or thank you from leadership team, but my manager team and their direct reports surprised me with flowers, cake and a wonderful slide show while one of managers played his guitar and sang "time of our life's". Got me sobbing. They gave me a standing ovation and formed a hug line. Won't miss the job....just my team.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Great way to go out. Honored by the folks that worked with you the closest and on a daily basis. I had a similar send off by my immediate co-workers and close associates in the organization. Having the big farewell luncheon would probably have felt less "real" that this more intimate goodbye.

Congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Nice way for your co-workers to show their feelings. You can still keep in touch and meet up for lunch or after work, I am sure they would like to hear your retirement adventures.

Calico- DH and I will be spending Sunday-Tuesday on Lopez Island one of the San Juan Islands in WA.). Looking forward to some paddling and picnics! No angst 😊. Wondering when it will feel real.

Last edited:
Calico- DH and I will be spending Sunday-Tuesday on Lopez Island one of the San Juan Islands in WA.). Looking forward to some paddling and picnics! No angst 😊. Wondering when it will feel real.

Sounds PERFECT!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Wow, Dog... I'm spending a weekend kayaking and whale-watching very close to you, although across the border on my Canadian island. Can't quite see Lopez from our place - Orcas Island is in the way. :)

Hi Sea Kayaker. are you near Vancouver Island? Have you ever been to Tofino? I've seen pictures and want to visit with my kayak (on my long list).
Recently did some backpacking in Garibaldi Park - beautiful.
We live in such a beautiful area with so much to discover! And now I have the time 😀

Dog, I'm on one of the smaller Gulf Islands - about a half hour ferry ride from Vancouver Island. DW and I have spent many years paddling our kayaks throughout the region. Have explored the Sooke and Tofino regions on the west side of Vancouver Island, as well as the eastern side - Parksville, Qualicum, etc...

We know the B.C. south coast very well... what I REALLY want to do is see what Washington state has to offer... our property looks out across the water to Orcas, San Juan, and other U.S. islands - for years I've been wondering what wonders those islands hold. Like you said, soon I will have all the time I need to explore them.

Yesterday was my last day - very emotional. No farewells or thank you from leadership team, but my manager team and their direct reports surprised me with flowers, cake and a wonderful slide show while one of managers played his guitar and sang "time of our life's". Got me sobbing. They gave me a standing ovation and formed a hug line. Won't miss the job....just my team.

Congratulations!
You can send them postcards from different places you visit...you may just motivate some others to ER as well.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1407128616.794760.jpg

No Sunday night angst here 😉

Back
Top Bottom