nm

Re: How the Moutains looked today

Great photo.
About 2 lifetimes back, I used to be a prof photographer. The camera of choice then was a Nikon F. I still have it, although I haven't used it for many many years. The meter has not
worked for longer then that.

Anyway, which camera are you using. I am going to need one when I begin travelling.

MJ

I thought about posting vacation photos, but CT puts the bar too high. My pictures too often come out weird--with trees appearing to grow out of peoples heads, or my favorite, my husband at an aquarium with a fish appearing as if it is coming out of his pants.

MJ,

I used to use an SLR also. Canon F1. However, now I just use the point and shoot digitals. This photo was taken with a Canon SD300. Pretty simple - No Film, No developing costs.

Martha,

Thanks for comments. LOL at the Husband photo with fish coming out of pants! :D

I heard someone say that the difference between a good photographer and a bad one is that the good one never shows his bad photographs. :)

That is a great photo-thanks for sharing! How is the fishing going? I had a brother who lived to fish. I think he got the fishing gene from my father and I got the traveling gene from my father!

Re: How the Mountains looked today

Cut-Throat,
Great photo - I was in Co. last summer.

Can you explain to a non-fisherman (like me) what makes fishing so great? I just don't get it. I tried it a couple of times and didn't get it.
Stand in the water, throw out a hook, catch a fish (usually ugly), take the hook out of the mouth and put it back.

Now I understand that a great many people like it and there are just some things some people just don't get (like modern art - another thing I don't get and don't really think I want to understand).

While waiting for Cut Throat..................there is a lot more to
fishing than that. For example, some of us fish by boat which adds another dimension. In my case, I throw a hook in the water, catch a fish (maybe) and sometimes
the fish are quite attractive. Then, I take it home and eat it. If it was strictly CAR (catch and release) I would not fish at all. For me, eating the fish is a very important
part of the experience.

JG

MJ,

I used to own Nikon FM and FE2 cameras. They were great. Now I only used digital cameras since they are small and no films. I guess I am getting lazy.

SPanky

CT,

Great photo. While you are away, we are still here in Minnesota.

Spanky

Cut-Throat,
Great photo - I was in Co. last summer.

Can you explain to a non-fisherman (like me) what makes fishing so great?  I just don't get it.  I tried it a couple of times and didn't get it.
Stand in the water, throw out a hook, catch a fish (usually ugly), take the hook out of the mouth and put it back.

Now I understand that a great many people like it and there are just some things some people just don't get (like modern art - another thing I don't get and don't really think I want to understand).

Dex,

If you don't get it, it can't be explained. I can't understand golf myself. Hitting a little ball into a hole - Big Deal! - Fishing is one of those primal instincts like hunting. 8)

MJ,

The digitals and optics are pretty amazing these days. I'm not sure how modern point-and-shoot optics compare with older Nikon, but the variance in quality is not as great anymore. 'Course you won't get an f1.0 50mm lens equivalent. But you can get a digital Nikon (or other) SLR and wide aperature lenses. I may get a Canon DSLR this year.

I--and my relatives-- took pictures of my newborn nephew recently; I used all 35mm: a point-and-shoot Olympus Stylus, a Canon Eos Rebel S and a Nikon (forget which model) manual focus 50mm/f1 with B&W film in the Nikon. The Nikon pics trumped all the others including digital, but I think part of that is because the wide aperature threw everything but the subject out of focus. My current avatar is a cropped and reduced version of the unanimous best picture of my nephew. (Link to bigger photo of my nephew.)

Cut Throat, great pic! Keep 'em coming.

Back
Top Bottom