nm

Re: How the Moutains looked today

Great photo.
About 2 lifetimes back, I used to be a prof photographer. The camera of choice then was a Nikon F. I still have it, although I haven't used it for many many years. The meter has not
worked for longer then that.

Anyway, which camera are you using. I am going to need one when I begin travelling.

MJ

I thought about posting vacation photos, but CT puts the bar too high. My pictures too often come out weird--with trees appearing to grow out of peoples heads, or my favorite, my husband at an aquarium with a fish appearing as if it is coming out of his pants.

MJ,

I used to use an SLR also. Canon F1. However, now I just use the point and shoot digitals. This photo was taken with a Canon SD300. Pretty simple - No Film, No developing costs.

Martha,

Thanks for comments. LOL at the Husband photo with fish coming out of pants! :D

I heard someone say that the difference between a good photographer and a bad one is that the good one never shows his bad photographs. :)

That is a great photo-thanks for sharing! How is the fishing going? I had a brother who lived to fish. I think he got the fishing gene from my father and I got the traveling gene from my father!

Re: How the Mountains looked today

Cut-Throat,
Great photo - I was in Co. last summer.

Can you explain to a non-fisherman (like me) what makes fishing so great? I just don't get it. I tried it a couple of times and didn't get it.
Stand in the water, throw out a hook, catch a fish (usually ugly), take the hook out of the mouth and put it back.

Now I understand that a great many people like it and there are just some things some people just don't get (like modern art - another thing I don't get and don't really think I want to understand).

While waiting for Cut Throat..................there is a lot more to
fishing than that. For example, some of us fish by boat which adds another dimension. In my case, I throw a hook in the water, catch a fish (maybe) and sometimes
the fish are quite attractive. Then, I take it home and eat it. If it was strictly CAR (catch and release) I would not fish at all. For me, eating the fish is a very important
part of the experience.

JG

MJ,

I used to own Nikon FM and FE2 cameras. They were great. Now I only used digital cameras since they are small and no films. I guess I am getting lazy.

SPanky

CT,

Great photo. While you are away, we are still here in Minnesota.

Spanky

Cut-Throat,
Great photo - I was in Co. last summer.

Can you explain to a non-fisherman (like me) what makes fishing so great?  I just don't get it.  I tried it a couple of times and didn't get it.
Stand in the water, throw out a hook, catch a fish (usually ugly), take the hook out of the mouth and put it back.

Now I understand that a great many people like it and there are just some things some people just don't get (like modern art - another thing I don't get and don't really think I want to understand).

Dex,

If you don't get it, it can't be explained. I can't understand golf myself. Hitting a little ball into a hole - Big Deal! - Fishing is one of those primal instincts like hunting. 8)

MJ,

The digitals and optics are pretty amazing these days. I'm not sure how modern point-and-shoot optics compare with older Nikon, but the variance in quality is not as great anymore. 'Course you won't get an f1.0 50mm lens equivalent. But you can get a digital Nikon (or other) SLR and wide aperature lenses. I may get a Canon DSLR this year.

I--and my relatives-- took pictures of my newborn nephew recently; I used all 35mm: a point-and-shoot Olympus Stylus, a Canon Eos Rebel S and a Nikon (forget which model) manual focus 50mm/f1 with B&W film in the Nikon. The Nikon pics trumped all the others including digital, but I think part of that is because the wide aperature threw everything but the subject out of focus. My current avatar is a cropped and reduced version of the unanimous best picture of my nephew. (Link to bigger photo of my nephew.)

Cut Throat, great pic! Keep 'em coming.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom