Part time dream job in Italy

EastWest Gal

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This is not about money but an amazing travel experience.

Ferrero Wants You to Move to Italy and Eat Nutella

Alba is the food, wine, chocolate, and white truffle mecca of Italy. I’ve traveled there yearly for the last 3 years, and I love the place. I’m not available to do this but if I could, I would. Work 2 days a week, tasting chocolate? Are you kidding me? Oh, and you arrive just before the annual white truffle festival and auction.

This is not about money but an amazing travel experience.

Ferrero Wants You to Move to Italy and Eat Nutella

Alba is the food, wine, chocolate, and white truffle mecca of Italy. I’ve traveled there yearly for the last 3 years, and I love the place. I’m not available to do this but if I could, I would. Work 2 days a week, tasting chocolate? Are you kidding me? Oh, and you arrive just before the annual white truffle festival and auction.

LOL! I actually do not like Nutella.

There's a lot you could do in Italy for 6 months....although, you would have to come back to US for 6 months after that if you don't have the right visa....I'm tempted

I'll pass. Nutella is about 60% sugar by weight.

I was just able to manage my diet to bring fasting glucose level down below 100, and I want to stay this way.

I very much enjoy travel to Italy.
But will have to pass on this for quite a few reasons, the top two being:

1) i have never tried nutella but always thought those commercials from a few years ago were appalling. i am the only one who wondered why folks were spreading something resembling um manure in both color and consistency on bread while smiling insanely? perhaps it is just my autism showing, whatever

2) enjoying immensely improvements in my health and appetite control by going low carb and almost no sugar (which is a carb)

Interesting part is that Nutella came about if I recall correctly because of a chocolate shortage: replacing it partly with hazelnuts made it cheaper.

Not so much anymore ..

Kinder Bueno still is the most evil snack in my view - it should be on the banned substance list for being too addictive.

Kinder Bueno still is the most evil snack in my view - it should be on the banned substance list for being too addictive.

That is not an accident. Most of these manufactured foods are made to hit our Bliss Point and light up the brain's pleasure centers. They do that very well, IMHO. :)

I don't care for the flavor of Nutella (don't like hazelnuts), so this would not be my dream job. Although I could probably put up with the hazelnut flavor just for the chance to eat my fill of white truffles.

Now if the position was instead a part-time taster of Speculoos/Biscoff butter, then just let me know where to sign up; I've had an unpaid internship for years!

I actually do like chocolate and hazelnuts, but it’s gotta be dark chocolate and not too sweet - I want that bitter edge to come through. Even the Ritter hazelnut chocolate bars are too sweet for me.

Come to think of it, the only sweet substance I have ever spread on a piece of bread is jelly or a jam, and I have not eaten that in decades.

I have never eaten peanut butter or Nutella on a toast, although I have no aversion to it. I simply prefer something meaty with my bread. :)

The Dutch are a bit funny with their "hagelslag" - or chocolate (or other flavor) sprinkles on buttered bread for breakfast. They don't do toast.

hagelslag also means hailstorm in Dutch.

The moving to Italy for a short time thing makes me mad. Here's why: DN (niece) is marrying a sailor in October. His next set of orders (January) could have been Sicily. She said no. And she was a Marine Affairs Major. Unbelievable. The federal government is going to pay you to live in Sicily for two years and you turn it down? Oh well. Never had her pegged as a home body. So they are heading to Oregon. Oh boy. Oregon is nice but, Sicily for two years! Sign me up.

Back
Top Bottom