Poll: Where Are You?

Where are you retired (or where will you retire)?

• Mid Atlantic (DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, D.C.)

Votes: 15 7.5%
  • Midwest (IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, NE, ND, OH, SD, WI)

Votes: 35 17.4%
  • New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Pacific Northwest (WA, OR, ID, WY, MT)

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • South (AL, AR, KY, LA, MS, MO, TN, WV)

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • South Atlantic (FL, GA, NC, SC, VA)

Votes: 39 19.4%
  • Southwest (AZ, NM, OK, TX)

Votes: 24 11.9%
  • West (AK, CA, CO, HI, NV, UT)

Votes: 34 16.9%
  • Oh Canada!

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • All other countries or planets...

Votes: 13 6.5%

• Total voters

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Where are you retired, or where do you plan to retire? Please note state listings, there are various definitions of US regions. Dänke!

BTW, multiple choices are allowed for "snowbirds" and/or mischief makers...

Last edited:
All though I am not sure why CO is in the west, and OK is in the SW.

Or why Texas is even in the US when we all know it should be part of "other countries".:D

The politicians here in California often make me feel like I'm living on another planet.:(

All though I am not sure why CO is in the west, and OK is in the SW.
No matter what slice-n-dice I might have chosen, someone would have questioned it. :cool:

Or how HI seems more like another country than a state in the west and also happens to be the state with the south point of the US.

Or how Alaska could just as well be considered to be in the "east" instead of the west (crosses IDL - technically, anyway, though they "bend" the line to decrease confusion) and is thus the state farthest north, west AND east.:facepalm:

But, YMMV

Tough crowd :ROFLMAO:

Personally I really LIKED your divisions of the states. Missouri and Louisiana were both included in "South", so I didn't have to feel conflicted about my choice even though we still might move north to Missouri after a few years. :D

During the Civil War, Missouri was kind of straddling north and south AFAIK, but it does seem like southern Missouri has many Southern cultural aspects.

Milky way galaxy. Close enough.

Once again, DC is left out. I wish they would make us a territory and drop the Federal Income Tax. :)

Once again, DC is left out. I wish they would make us a territory and drop the Federal Income Tax. :)
Sorry, my dumb mistake. I actually thought about DC, and then forgot to include it (the mind goes first...).

Sorry, my dumb mistake. I actually thought about DC, and then forgot to include it (the mind goes first...).
We'll let the Puerto Rico & Guam residents figure it out for themselves.

Or why Texas is even in the US when we all know it should be part of "other countries".:D
Is this one of those questions with the answer "Texas ain't no state, it's a republic!!"...?

Navy friends retired to San Antonio because she found a great job. His problem is that he's a native Okie, and he still sort of skulks around in fear that his friends are going to discover that he gone south & went native...

I left off Nantucket too - natives don't consider themselves part of the US. They say the ferries "go to America." :blush:

I voted for the west and all other. We plan to RV for a while to see the country and not go broke paying for a house we will hardly ever be in. Then, unless we find somewhere else we fall in love with or we follow our boys, we will likely end up back in this area. We like Reno and the surroundings. Besides, we figure when California falls into the ocean, our property values with skyrocket.

Currently retired in the south. In a few weeks, I'll be retired in the west. It probably won't be the last stop. Other countries might be an option at some point.

I had to vote both South & Southwest...since I'm not sure yet whether it's gonna be Texas or Louisiana.

In South....and checked it. Guessing AK meant Arkansas instead of AlasKa?

Arkansas is AR.....cannot believe everybody does not know that! ;)

As far as I am concerned the South is forever comprised of the 11 states that were members of the Confederate States of America. That would be from East to West: Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennnesse, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Texas.

W2R said:
Personally I really LIKED your divisions of the states. Missouri and Louisiana were both included in "South", so I didn't have to feel conflicted about my choice even though we still might move north to Missouri after a few years. :D

During the Civil War, Missouri was kind of straddling north and south AFAIK, but it does seem like southern Missouri has many Southern cultural aspects.

Learned two lessons myself tonight. 1) thoroughly read the choices before voting. 2) MO is in the south. I voted midwest (refer to point one) as it has always been referred to that as me. Although we are joining the SEC next year, I think money is more the reason than geography.

Back
Top Bottom