Shook Hands with John Edwards This noon...............

Cut-Throat said:
Both you guys look like you voted for the wrong monkey! ;)

No matter how we voted, we voted for the wrong monkey!

IntoTheMystic said:
Cut-throat is right - this is another benefit you can look forward to when you're retired!
I was at 2 Edwards and 2 Kerry rallies in 2004...got to be on stage and on Nat TV even!....don't let them take your name & address or email unless you like to be bothered by everybody running for office even 2 years later now...shook hands a bunch - don't forget to wash your hands later!.....

Wow, got to be on stage with an real live ambulance chaser. Your parents must be so proud. You're easily impressed.... just kidding. sort of...

getoutearly said:
Wow, got to be on stage with an real live ambulance chaser. Your parents must be so proud. You're easily impressed.... just kidding. sort of...

Edward's biggest case as a PI lawyer was against a company that made pool drains. Even after several prior suits involving people removing the drain cover resulting in serious injury, the company did nothing to resolve the problem. Edward's case involved a child that was disembowled when she sat on an uncovered drain.

If it was your child, I bet you would want a personal injury lawyer too.

Cut-Throat said:
Now that I'm retired I can show up for these events when I want to.
Seven pages-- not bad for a political post!

So, Cut-Throat, when's your next event?

Martha said:
Edward's biggest case as a PI lawyer was against a company that made pool drains.  Even after several prior suits involving people removing  the drain cover resulting in serious injury, the company did nothing to resolve the problem.  Edward's case involved a child that was disembowled when she sat on an uncovered drain. 

In that case, I'm sure he would make a greeeeaaat president.  I stand corrected...

Martha said:
Edward's biggest case as a PI lawyer was against a company that made pool drains.  Even after several prior suits involving people removing  the drain cover resulting in serious injury, the company did nothing to resolve the problem.  Edward's case involved a child that was disembowled when she sat on an uncovered drain. 

Martha,  You are never going to get to be a rich and famous spin doctor ala Limbaugh or O'Riely if you keep researching facts and presenting them.  You have to tell stories about the opposition filled with stupidity and greed if you want to make it big.  Don't let the facts get in the way.  Your audience won't care about facts.  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sgeeeee said:
Martha,  You are never going to get to be a rich and famous spin doctor ala Limbaugh or O'Riely if you keep researching facts and presenting them.  You have to tell stories about the opposition filled with stupidity and greed if you want to make it big.  Don't let the facts get in the way.  Your audience won't care about facts.  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Yeah, but she got to use the word "disemboweled". How cool is that!??

getoutearly said:
In that case, I'm sure he would make a greeeeaaat president. I stand corrected...

Maybe he should be an actor instead? Or be the front man for a baseball team? ;)

getoutearly said:
Wow, got to be on stage with an real live ambulance chaser.  Your parents must be so proud.  You're easily impressed....  just kidding.  sort of...

Solid contribution to the forum. Nobody but you knew he was a lawyer, I guess. ::)

sgeeeee said:

Kind of a "do as I say, not as I do" piece of advise, ehhh? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

youbet said:
Kind of a "do as I say, not as I do" piece of advise, ehhh?   :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I had to think about the meaning of this statement in context of what I said: I advised Martha not to be factual but to simply make up a good story. So you see this not as somethink I do -- implying that I stick to the facts.

Thanks. I try. :) :D :D

However you want to spin it, sgeeeee, however you want to spin it.......... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Martha said:
Maybe he should be an actor instead?  Or be the front man for a baseball team?   ;)

A lawyer buddy of mine told me that the best PI lawyer would have outstanding acting skills and be backed by a good research team. 

Shortly after that, I served on a jury involving a case where a citizen was suing a village because of an accident involving a squad car in a chase situation.  The attorney for the village looked like and sounded like Jimmy Stewart when Jimmy was about 45 years old.  The resemblence was absolutely amazing and it was all we could talk about at lunch, and, sometimes, even during deliberation.  We found in favor of the village.

I went back and told my lawyer buddy that he was right.

Back
Top Bottom