Spring is here..........

Dawg52

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
at least in central Mississippi. 81 degrees for the high today. Bradford Pear trees already popping out. I should be on the golf course but here I am at work.  :(  My first golf tournament of the year is this weekend so it feels like Spring.  :D

Well the weather yesterday was weird. Rainstorm with lightning while sleeting, snowing and hailing all at the same time. Today...sunny and around 55 degrees. So, Spring is here too... :D

I woke up to 20 degrees but as I walked out the door I could hear the cardinals mating call, spring has sprung in New England even if the weather doesn't show it.

DOG51 said:
at least in central Mississippi. 81 degrees for the high today. Bradford Pear trees already popping out. I should be on the golf course but here I am at work.  :(  My first golf tournament of the year is this weekend so it feels like Spring.  :D

Dog51:  My home course is currently underwater because of the recent rains.  (I've taken the opportunity, because of that situation to waste everybody's time on this board to post a few mainly "pithy" comments.  So, what the hell, let's talk a little golf.

What's the format of your tournament?  Individual, partners, etc.

Are you entering as a "gross" handicap, or "net"?

You may answer at your leisure, as I'm not going anywhere. ;)

It's around 50 degrees outside now (DC suburbs) but I just heard they're calling for a freezing rain warning later today. This past Saturday it was warm enough that I was out in the yard in a tee shirt, but then Monday morning it was around 18 degrees at sunrise. This has been one helluva weird winter. It's actually leaned toward the mild side though. My electric bill's about 25% lower than same period last year, and oil usage is way down too. Won't know for sure how much less until they come out again to top me off though.

Forcast is 5 to 7 inches of snow tonight.

No spring here for a couple of months yet.

Jarhead* said:
Dog51:  My home course is currently underwater because of the recent rains.  (I've taken the opportunity, because of that situation to waste everybody's time on this board to post a few mainly "pithy" comments.  So, what the hell, let's talk a little golf.

What's the format of your tournament?  Individual, partners, etc.

Are you entering as a "gross" handicap, or "net"?

You may answer at your leisure, as I'm not going anywhere. ;)

This is a 2 man scramble format. No handicaps involved. Seniors 55 and over play from the short tees, everyone else from the regular tees. My partner is over 55 so we will use his tee shots most of the time.  Each team will be flighted after the first round.

It's just a fun, not so serious tournament to start out the year.  :)

DOG51 said:
It's just a fun, not so serious tournament to start out the year.  :)

Dog51: Thanks for answering. Scramble tournaments can be fun once in a while. You are right, they are pretty good to kick off the new year. (You don't need a lot of pressure
to have fun, especially in your first tournament of the year).

Enjoy yourself, hit them long and straight. (It will be at least a week and a half before conditions improve enough to make golf playable where I'm at, so I'm envious).

As my youngest uncle (Age 81, and living in a single-wide mobile home on primarily soc. sec. alone says, "I feel sorry for anybody that doesn't play golf" :D).

Have fun, Jarhead

80 degrees here in FL today. Nice ocean breeze off my back porch, a cold six pack in the frig, hardly a cloud in the sky... too bad I was at work and had to miss it. :'( My desk doesn't even have a window view, which is of the interstate BTW :mad:

-Jay

I always know spring is here when pitchers and catchers report to spring training! :D

Now I KNOW it's spring, Manny showed up for Spring Training when he said he would.

Frickin' solar curse.

We fired up the photovoltaic array on Jan 28th and the solar water heater on Feb 7th.

Since then it's barely reached 80 degrees, every day has been overcast or rainy, a couple days have been overcast/rainy/cold and windy, we've been making less than 50% of rated solar capacity, the water heater's been limping along between 110-120 degrees F, and we've had three inches of rain in two weeks. Now the mid-Pacific high-pressure ridge has died, the rain has stalled out over the islands, the Big Island vog is taking over, and we haven't seen the sun since last Saturday. This sucks.

Hang on, there's someone at the door.

Howzit-- hey, what's with the-- ouch!-- who are you? The Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau?!? Wait, I can explain-- ouch!!! Nnnnnoooooooooo!!!

Yeah, and the people from minnersoter are taking up a collection to put a hit on you.

It was in the 70's around here the last 2 weeks. Raining and frigid (60's) the last week or so. Everythings blooming though.

Nords said:
Hang on, there's someone at the door.

Howzit-- hey, what's with the-- ouch!-- who are you? The Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau?!? Wait, I can explain-- ouch!!! Nnnnnoooooooooo!!!

Uh Oh. Could it be there's trouble in paradise? Or is Nords just suffering from another episode of post-radiation stress syndrome.

Don't worry about it Nords. Take a deep breath and relax. If Tricare rates quadruple, you can always get a job as a night light. ;)

Just keep reading this forum, and you can stay inside and shovel... :p

Martha said:
We got our five to seven inches of snow.  I am going out to shovel.   :)

What the heck is Greg doing?

Man=shovel

Woman=give shovel to man :D

SteveR said:
What the heck is Greg doing?

Man=shovel

Woman=give shovel to man :D

Greg operates the huge snowblower, clearing the driveway and parking lot. I just shovel the front steps and the deck over our kitch bump out. Greg would do it all, but today was nice out and it was fun moving snow around. :)

Heather said:
Just keep reading this forum, and you can stay inside and shovel... :p

For the past few days it has been clear that there is a lot more shoveling that needs to be done here than outside of my home. :)

Back
Top Bottom