March Madness

Beststash

Full time employment: Posting here.
My favorite time of year....

As a preview - #1 Houston Cougars can clinch outright Big 12 regular-season title with a win today vs Kansas. This is the first time UH has hosted Kansas since Phi Slama Jama beat the Jayhawks 91-76 on Nov. 26, 1983, at Hofheinz Pavilion.

It should be a good game!! 3PM Central ESPN

---------

The 2024 NCAA March Madness kicks off on Tuesday, March 19, and runs through Monday, April 8.

Here is the schedule for March Madness 2024, which begins with Selection Sunday on March 17, 2024:

Selection Sunday: Sunday, March 17
First Four: March 19-20
First round: March 21-22
Second round: March 23-24
Sweet 16: March 28-29
Elite Eight: March 30-31
Final Four: Saturday, April 6 at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.
NCAA championship game: Monday, April 8 at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.

March Madness is always a blast when you have a team in the race. I have lived in California for many years after coming for photography school in my youth, but I still bleed Carolina blue. Big game today with Duke, one of the biggest rivalries in sports. They have the potential to go all the way this year. Go Heels!

Last edited by a moderator:
Houston Cougars_resized.jpg

"Whose House? Coog’s House”

Cougars remain undefeated at home!

Houston Cougars 76 Kansas Jayhawks 46

I've never cared much about it, and not much is on regular broadcast television anymore. I was able to watch the women's NCAA championship game last year, although I was disappointed in how it ended.

Last edited:
My UNC Tar Heels took it to Duke in Durham last night to win ACC regular season. Now on to ACC Championship and the Big Dance. Go Tar Heels!!!

Harllee, I just noticed that you live in Chapel Hill, aka Blue Heaven. No wonder you’re a Carolina fan. I agree with you on that non-call on the trip, I assume that the refs just didn’t see it. But in general I much prefer a game where they let them play without too many whistles. They could call a foul on practically every play if they wanted, and sometimes it seems like they do. Go Heels!

My UNC Tar Heels are on a run. Won the ACC regular season with a big win over Duke. UNC guard RJ Davis (who is under 6 feet tall) won the ACC player of the year, UNC Coach Hubert Davis (third year as head coach) won the ACC Coach of the year. Tonight UNC plays NC State (who knocked off Duke) for the ACC Tournament Championship. The pundits say UNC should be a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. I am loving it. Go Tar Heels!!

Harllee, I just noticed that you live in Chapel Hill, aka Blue Heaven. No wonder you’re a Carolina fan. I agree with you on that non-call on the trip, I assume that the refs just didn’t see it. But in general I much prefer a game where they let them play without too many whistles. They could call a foul on practically every play if they wanted, and sometimes it seems like they do. Go Heels!

Of course I am a Tar Heel born and bred. Went to school at UNC and have lived in the Chapel Hill area pretty much all my life. I have season tickets to the UNC games and go to all of them. Blue heaven.

My UNC Tar Heels are on a run. Won the ACC regular season with a big win over Duke. UNC guard RJ Davis (who is under 6 feet tall) won the ACC player of the year, UNC Coach Hubert Davis (third year as head coach) won the ACC Coach of the year. Tonight UNC plays NC State (who knocked off Duke) for the ACC Tournament Championship. The pundits say UNC should be a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. I am loving it. Go Tar Heels!!

BUT, the Cardiac Pack is back!!!

Love this time of year (UCONN fan) and being retired in Dec '22 I get to watch more "Madness" than I used to. NC State win over VA last night was crazy...Jimmy V is smiling!

BUT, the Cardiac Pack is back!!!

Cardiac Pack is right, DJ Burns might have a cardiac playing his 5th game in a row against a running Tar Heel team. I must admit Burns is pretty agile for a very large man (I bet he is at 300 pounds). UNC's big guy Armando Bacot lost 30 pounds in the off season and says he feels really small (but fast) compared to Burns.

Cardiac Pack is right, DJ Burns might have a cardiac playing his 5th game in a row against a running Tar Heel team. I must admit Burns is pretty agile for a very large man (I bet he is at 300 pounds). UNC's big guy Armando Bacot lost 30 pounds in the off season and says he feels really small (but fast) compared to Burns.

He's listed at 6'9" 275 pounds, but he might have only put one foot on the scale at the time.

Happy to see my Huskers finally having a good postseason. Just one game in so far, but they stomped Indiana last night. I really want them to erase that stigma of being the only power conference team without an NCAA tourney win. Everything else is gravy. But these guys play well together, often a different scoring leader depending on who is hot, and play a swarming defense that can give teams trouble, especially if they don't have a lot of time to scout them. So I have high but cautious hopes.

Taking the negative, low road I see, so UNC-like.

Good luck to us all tonight!

Down goes Purdue! I thought there were a couple of bad calls that went against Wisconsin in OT so I was glad to see Bucky win it. And if my Huskers can beat the Ilini we have a better shot at winning the Big 10. Though Wisconsin is looking like the top 10 team they were early in the season than how they finished the regular season.

UCONN whips Marquette into submission!

Given Iowa State's curb-stomping of Houston, I'm guessing this means UConn will be the overall No. 1 seed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom