SteveR's Big Day

SteveR said:
I have changed my tag line and also my avatar. The little guy is now sporting a smile, has a new shirt (ER) and has had the corporate screw removed. He is a happy camper now.

I'd better check the prescription on my reading glasses! When I first saw your new avatar, it looked like he had a bandaid on his chest where the screw used to be. I thought "poor guy, but he's all patched up now and he'll soon be as good as new!".

Looking a bit closer, I see it is not a bandaid and the shirt really does say "E.R." :)

Congrats on your retirement! Woo hoo!

So tomorrow is monday and I seriously hope that you will be doing absolutely NOTHING all day....
but only if that's what you WANT to do!

virginia said:
So tomorrow is monday and I seriously hope that you will be doing absolutely NOTHING all day....
but only if that's what you WANT to do!

Tomorrow is NOT Monday!!! It is Sunday!!! You really freaked me out for a minute, there. :'(

Thank you all for the Congrats! I appreciate your kind words and your shared feelings of joy and happiness.

DW and I went out the dinner last night. We went all out and toasted the end of an old life and the begining of a new one. Today we have been doing the usual Saturday things; yard work etc. but instead of me going at it all day I stopped after a few hours and said...I can finish this on Monday. WoW! Nice thought.

Tonight my sons are taking me out for a congratulatory dinner somewhere...it is a surprise as they won't tell me where they are taking me.

Tomorrow we will be lazing around and putting together so things we need to return to some store that we have not had the time to do for a while. I will BBQ some nice steaks later and then more adult beverage consumption to continue the festivities. Monday I will not go to work and will not set my alarm clock. We will get up when we please and do what we please when we want to.....or do nothing at all. What a concept!

Got to go for now. Thanks again.

I love these countdown/first day stories.

Tonight my sons are taking me out for a congratulatory dinner somewhere...it is a surprise as they won't tell me where they are taking me.

If DW isn't invited, I have a feeling about where you'll be going.

TromboneAl said:
I love these countdown/first day stories.

If DW isn't invited, I have a feeling about where you'll be going.

DW is NOT invited. But, knowing my sons, I would guess the local brew pub. I have given them both an appreciation for good music, LBYM, and good beer.

You also have to remember where I live...LOL; not much "wild and crazy" going on here.

Update:

DW set me up!
She had my sons take me out for dinner without her for a reason.

We finished our dinner and they brought me home. We turned into the driveway and I was greeted with a HUGE sign that said Happy Retirement Steve. The house was full of friends and former coworkers.

We had a great time. I can't believe she was able to get it all planned without me finding out. What a woman!

SteveR said:
Update:

DW set me up!
She had my sons take me out for dinner without her for a reason.

We finished our dinner and they brought me home. We turned into the driveway and I was greeted with a HUGE sign that said Happy Retirement Steve. The house was full of friends and former coworkers.

We had a great time. I can't believe she was able to get it all planned without me finding out. What a woman!

nice family. good for you.

SteveR - Congrats on your retirement and on having such a wonderful family to help you celebrate! I just love when surprise parties are really surprises!

Don't be a stranger now that the screw has been removed. We want to hear how ER goes for you.

SteveR, I enjoy your posts. I'm sure glad your screw removal surgery was very sucessful. Congratulations!

Congrats. Hope you get to screw around for the next 40 years or so.

Nice surprise party! Sounds like you have a nice family to enjoy your retirement with. You probably have told us along the way, but what do you plan to do in your retirement?(Notice I didn't say 'what are you gonna do all day' ::)) Hopefully it's something constructive like golf. :D

Congratulations Steve! A really nice way to transition...enjoy doing any darn thing you want to do.

Thank you one and all for your kind words and support during this significant life change. WHAHOO! What a feeling! One week down and not much to show for it...retirement is great! Still feels like vacation but without the constant work movie going on in your head in the backround.

On a more serious note....a former cell mate sent me an email advising that one more senior manager has bailed and went to work for the competition. The department is truly in deep doo doo with 60% of the key department mangement gone and no replacements in sight. Sure am glad I am not there holding the bag anymore. I feel for those left behind but I also enjoy viewing this mess from a distance.

. . . I feel for those left behind but I also enjoy viewing this mess from a distance.

Come on, now. Admit that that the mess part of this is more satisfying than the feelings for those poor jerks left behind. ;):rolleyes::angel:

Congrats, SteveR. I always enjoy your posts and am truely happy for your success. Have fun.

WoW....what an outpouring of positive vibes...I really appreciate it.

My boss was here all day yesterday and kept me here until after 6PM last night. :mad:

He is gone today and my "exit" interview is scheduled in a couple of hours. I am erasing the final group of files from the PC and deleting emails. The boxes are loaded on the cart and are ready to move to the car.

As Audrey1 noted: I have changed my tag line and also my avatar. The little guy is now sporting a smile, has a new shirt (ER) and has had the corporate screw removed. He is a happy camper now.

More to follow...........

Steve,

That's great! Let's hope that is it and there's no turning back. Have fun with your RV adventure.

Spanky

Back
Top Bottom