Stick a fork in me....

67walkon

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm done. I'm KMA. The official last day is March 29, but I've got most of the difficult work stuff is pretty well wrapped up. There are still a few matters that require some serious attention, but mostly, it's wrap up time.

It is a weird feeling. My partners in the law firm want to have a dinner for just the lawyers and spouses, but they want to do it after I actually depart. That seems kind of odd to me, but I didn't want to do anything and it's their deal, not mine, so I'm going along with it. My wife and I plan to either take the staff to lunch to thank them or something like that.

There are a lot of details. There are meetings with financial planners to get that stuff squared away. There are a lot of details involved with getting health insurance or doing COBRA. There are a few clients who aren't going to be happy about a change to someone new, but we're working on that.

But for the most part, I can just wrap stuff up and get out of here. My wife and I are going to a spring training game Wednesday-first one in 5 or 6 years. And I won't feel guilty.

25 days to go!

Congratulations!!!!!!! Please keep us informed on how the transition unfolds, and ENJOY!!!

But for the most part, I can just wrap stuff up and get out of here. My wife and I are going to a spring training game Wednesday-first one in 5 or 6 years. And I won't feel guilty.

25 days to go!

Congrats! Based on the above, you're beyond entitled...

In military terms, your getting pretty darn short, so congrats!

In military terms, your getting pretty darn short, so congrats!

First off, congrats for joining the class of March of 2013. Last day for me is the 27th so to put in my old army days "I'm so short I can sit on a dime and swing both legs". :dance:

Me thinks you will enjoy the Spring training games a lot more as a soon to be FIRE graduate.

T-bird
Class of 2013 (17 w*rking days to go)
DW Class of 2012

First off, congrats for joining the class of March of 2013. Last day for me is the 27th so to put in my old army days "I'm so short I can sit on a dime and swing both legs". :dance:

DW Class of 2012

First you're a dash, then a dot, then gone. Congrats!! Enjoy your new free lifestyle.

Grats! I'm looking to ER in 5 years and head out to enjoy Spring Training even though my wife doesn't care about baseball!

Congratulations! Would like to talk to you or email sometime about the ease/difficulties of transferring your practice. I am slowly doing that, down from 80 PI and small business clients to 18, trying to get down to three, then none.... I hope to semi-retire next fall. Your FIRE is inspirational!

Back
Top Bottom