This weather is awesome/amazing!

EastWest Gal

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This thread is a corollary of the "This weather is awful" thread.

This forum is about the delights of ER. What better way to express one's happiness at freedom from the rat race than to share positive tidbits?

Today I swam in my swim spa for the first time since Christmas. We had an issue with a failed part on Christmas Eve. Hot tubbing yes, swimming, no dice. Finally got the right part installed and working. After I finished my swim I realized that although the weather people said it was 45 degrees, on my deck it was/is 65 degrees. So I have been sitting out in the sun cleaning wooden knife handles and drinking iced tea. On February 6th. In Pennsylvania. In sweatpants and sweatshirt and damp hair from my swim. And I opened my windows and turned off the heat ER for a few hours. There are birds singing!

It will snow tomorrow night and be zero degrees in a week, but this is joyous today.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Daffodils are 2" tall. Do they know something?

We had 80's here last week and I cut grass. That was after I raked up over 20 bags of leaves. Some days we have the A/C on or a while then the heat at night. Winter may be over (where was it?) here is south Texas,

While not 65 it was warm enough to grill some sausage on the deck without wearing a jacket. That's a change from recent weather!

69 here in Austin today - got to love Central TX winters.
Rode the Harley from Bee Cave to Llano TX for some Coopers BBQ chased down with some blackberry cobbler. Knowing I don't w*rk tomorrow - priceless!

69 here in Austin today - got to love Central TX winters.
Rode the Harley from Bee Cave to Llano TX for some Coopers BBQ chased down with some blackberry cobbler. Knowing I don't w*rk tomorrow - priceless!

Man, you are living the good life! ;)

I was out weeding my yard today... the rain last week has given way to Santa Ana conditions - It was too hot for yard work but it needed to be done.

I was out weeding my yard today... the rain last week has given way to Santa Ana conditions - It was too hot for yard work but it needed to be done.

We have the great weather sans the Santa Ana, so I'm gardening, too.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Weather's 'relatively' mild here, around 36F tomorrow, but dropping to 1F by Saturday.

What puzzles me, since we're all supposed to be alarmed & perturbed by Climate Change, is that, on a mild sunny day in winter, we're bombarded with comments along the lines of "Isn't this lovely?"

I tell people that they should be saying "Isn't this horrific?" and "I hope this doesn't last"....but all I get in return are weird looks. :confused:

Weather's 'relatively' mild here, around 36F tomorrow, but dropping to 1F by Saturday.

What puzzles me, since we're all supposed to be alarmed & perturbed by Climate Change, is that, on a mild sunny day in winter, we're bombarded with comments along the lines of "Isn't this lovely?"

I tell people that they should be saying "Isn't this horrific?" and "I hope this doesn't last"....but all I get in return are weird looks. :confused:

Well... I'd have preferred a nice drizzly rain... An excuse not to weed AND a chance to recharge the drought depleted ground water.

I don't like weeding.

Well - one was weeding and the other was doing edging. DH was trying to remove a stump of a dead fruit tree.

Believe it or not; I actually love it when it snows with temperatures of about 30 f.

We have the first 60 degree day of the year. Snow is melting fast

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

It rained here but still awesome because I was starting to sing " it never rain in Southern California even in El Niño year".

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom