Today 1 Year FIRE anniversary

candrew

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
November 4th marks the first full year of E.R. for DW & I.

It has been an amazing 12 months for us as we've pursued our passion for travel and exploring along with the added bonus of having welcomed into the world an adorable new granddaughter this past spring.

Our adventures have taken us to New Zealand for 3 months, Tuscany for the entire summer and this afternoon, we depart for Ajijic, Mexico.

If not for the wealth of helpful advice and encouragement from the members on this forum, it's not certain we'd taken the plunge when we did. Although I'm not one who posts often on this site, I visit here daily and want you all to know how much you are appreciated.

Still pinching ourselves everyday and thankful (along with knocking on my wooden head) for our excellent health and good fortunes!

Congrats! The grandchild and the travel sound wonderful (I’ve always wanted to visit NZ).

November 4th marks the first full year of E.R. for DW & I.

It has been an amazing 12 months for us as we've pursued our passion for travel and exploring along with the added bonus of having welcomed into the world an adorable new granddaughter this past spring.

Our adventures have taken us to New Zealand for 3 months, Tuscany for the entire summer and this afternoon, we depart for Ajijic, Mexico.

If not for the wealth of helpful advice and encouragement from the members on this forum, it's not certain we'd taken the plunge when we did. Although I'm not one who posts often on this site, I visit here daily and want you all to know how much you are appreciated.

Still pinching ourselves everyday and thankful (along with knocking on my wooden head) for our excellent health and good fortunes!

Congrats to you and your family! May you have many years to enjoy traveling and ER.

VW

Awesome ! What a great way to spend your first year of ER ! I wish you many more wonderful years of adventure and love

Congratulations! :dance:

These threads are very inspiring for me and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

And congratulations on your new grandchild!

Congratulations! :dance:

These threads are very inspiring for me and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

And congratulations on your new grandchild!

+1

Congratulations to the OP on their freedom and the new grandchild!

With 38 months to go, and sometimes feeling like the day will never come, I love to read encouraging posts like this from "the other side!"

Wow - yesterday was also our one year FIRE anniversary! The good news is we're having so much fun that we forgot!! [emoji322]

Congratulations and enjoy!

Wow - yesterday was also our one year FIRE anniversary! The good news is we're having so much fun that we forgot!! [emoji322]

Congratulations and enjoy!

Time flies when you're having fun!

Congrats and many more great retirement years to you.

Time flies when you're having fun!

Yes it does. It hardly seems possible that it's been a year already. Then again, working and commuting is also a distant memory. [emoji41]

Back
Top Bottom