Travel Insurance Advice

MJ

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My dad, who's 93, is going to Florida again and I want to get him insurance to cover the initial deposit and possible trip interruption. He's cancelled trips a couple times over the last 2 years due to ill health so I want to protect him.
I found one called Travel Guard on the web. Any one have any recommendations.

Thanks

MJ

MJ, I have never used insurance for flights since the airlines allow for changes on non refundable flights although penalities can occur.

Most airlines charge a $100 change fee if you cancel your depature flight. The balance remains a credit to you which you can use within 1 year.
If you use Jet Blue Airways which is based out of JFK their change fee is only $25.

In some cases airlines will waive the penalty if the passenger is unable to fly due to illness. They will require a doctors note and allow the full fare to be used as a credit for future flights.

Hi GTM,

I should have been a bit more specific. His travel package combines airfare and hotel for 3 weeks, so I am looking for insurance to cover his initial non-refundable deposit and possible mid-cancellation due to illness.

MJ

Back
Top Bottom