We pulled the string

crispus

Recycles dryer sheets
DW is retiring in mid June and I have been out of the workforce since last july. We are both committed to moving from Maryland to the villages in Florida as soon ad our paid off home sells.

We have taken a couple of visits to the villages in the last year and we both fell in love with the lifestyle there. You only need one car and a golf cart to get around. We figure between all the golf, swimming, and social life, we won't get bored. Also we can hop on a last minute discounted cruise very easily from this location. The only downside that I can see is the lack of diversity that we have living near the Baltimore Washington area. Orlando is a 50 minute drive. This will more then be made up by living in a much lower taxed state.

Congrats and welcome to the club. Be prepared for the low stress and long happy days of doing whatever the heck you want,.:dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations, crispus! I hope you can sell your house in a reasonable time, for a reasonable sum.

Won't you miss I-95 and the Beltway? ;)

Seriously, well done! Wishing all the best for you both.

Congrats and welcome to the club. Be prepared for the low stress and long happy days of doing whatever the heck you want,.

Since I retired last July, I have already experienced the much less stressful life. I have lost 40lbs, dropped my anti-anxiety meds, lowered my blood pressure, and most important improved my golf game.

Since I retired last July, I have already experienced the much less stressful life. I have lost 40lbs, dropped my anti-anxiety meds, lowered my blood pressure, and most important improved my golf game.

My dear husband's blood pressure has dropped significantly since retirement as of April 1st - about 20 points already!!. One of many reasons I'm happy he retired. His doctor told him this is not unusual.

Moemg, we don't use route 4 to get to the Villages. However my wife commuted to Lakeland fl twice a month from MD and I know all about it.
I did notice that there were no speed calmers in the villages. It was a pleasant surprise. Here in Maryland we can't seem to build enough of them.

Congrats! We've looked at the villages and it seems like it gotta a lot of upside. Enjoy!!

Congratulations!

I did notice that there were no speed calmers in the villages. It was a pleasant surprise. Here in Maryland we can't seem to build enough of them.

What's a speed calmer? :confused:

What's a speed calmer? :confused:

Also known as a speed bump. They are used to slow down traffic in busy areas with lots of pedestrians. They just put one in in the parking lot at work.

Speed calmers are wider then speed bumps so they are less jarring. I counted 14 of them on my old drive to work. Maryland seems to have a love affair with them.
As for my golf game improving. I was once a one handicap before children. Playing much less I ballooned to a nine. Now I can play as much as I want so I am down to a seven. Most of my improvement comes from much better short game.

Congratulations and please keep us posted about life in the Villages.

After you live in Florida for awhile you will realize that we don't need speed calmers we need speed encouragers . A lot of the older population take defensive driving to mean cruising at 20 and after two for one Martini's that is probably a great idea .:)

Just for fun

Martin Landau as Bela Lugosi and Johnny Depp as Ed Wood from the movie "Ed Wood". Wish you well Crispus and hope you and spousal unit have much more time to laugh!

YouTube - Ed Wood Pull the string!!

Back
Top Bottom