What do you do all day?

My wife & I are retiring July 2. We've been giddy just thinking of the freedom that we'll have to come and go as we please, when we please, to go where we want to go (or not go). This is like the Friday before the weekend of our lives. Even work has become easier knowing its a time of last things.

Might start a list for myself in three general categories -

cheap things to do daily ie practice piano, read, jog, kayak, hike, surf web, watch tv, learn to play computer games, walk dog, walk wife, try to keep up with wife joggin, swimmin, ....
daily

Inexpensive activties done frequently- camping, day trips, one-nite hotel stays- visiting grandchildren, movies, dining out, performances esp piano concerts

expensive outings - cruises, cross state border stays, kayaking out of state & out of counry rivers, travel to other countries - frequency once a year

. . .
Might start a list for myself in three general categories -

cheap things to do daily ie practice piano, read, jog, kayak, hike, surf web, watch tv, learn to play computer games, walk dog, walk wife, try to keep up with wife joggin, swimmin, ....
daily

Inexpensive activties done frequently- camping, day trips, one-nite hotel stays- visiting grandchildren, movies, dining out, performances esp piano concerts

expensive outings - cruises, cross state border stays, kayaking out of state & out of counry rivers, travel to other countries - frequency once a year

That's similar to the what I did when I was trying to estimate our budget in retirement -- except I substituted archaeology outings for kayaking :). It took us several months before we were making as many trips as my budget called out, but we are enjoying the freedom a lot now. :D

Back
Top Bottom