Join Early Retirement Today
Re: What Do You Do All Day?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:58 PM   #81
Moderator Emeritus

I already posted my day for a non-working day. Hard to say I have a typical work day anymore, but yesterday:

--got up at 5:45 with the dogs. Took shower and let them out. Ate my figs and milk breakfast.
--got DH up at 6:15 and made him take me the two miles to work--too humid out to walk yesterday
--6:20 A fax was sitting on my desk. A client got a nastygram from someone. Looked at what else was waiting for me to do and got to work on client emergency. Checked this board. Checked my email.
--8:00 said hi to secretary and told her would be some rush matters to type but I hadn't started on them yet. She rolled her eyes.
--8:05 talked to client about nastygram, litigation issues and strategy.
--8:30-12:00 investigated backround facts for client emergency and worked on memo to client with recommendations. Provided dictation to secretary to type.
--8:30-12:00 also answered numerous unrelated telephone calls. Tell visitors to my office to go away, I'm busy.
--12:00 lunch meeting with fatty food
-- 1:00-5:15 pm work on misc. matters. BS'd with DH a little on the phone. Caught up with co-workers I had blown off in the morning. Reviewed draft materials from secretary. Edited and returned for revisions. Dictated some letters. Checked out some law. Confered with some clients. Thought about recumbent bicycles.
--5:15 called DH to pick me up--way too hot to walk in a suit.
-- 5:20 ditched the clone clothes and went for a short walk in the heat. Watered yard and pulled a few weeds.
--6:00 ate beans and read new consumer reports and WSJ. Fed and teased the dogs.
--7:00pm -8:00 Complained about the heat. Putzed in the yard. Talked to DH about 5 figure drop in net worth in one day due to volitility. Listened to him talk about how the stock market is going to drop--any day now!!! Or maybe not!!! (sorry Greg).
--8:30 plus NOYDB

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2005, 01:26 PM   #82
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

More details on the 8:30pm item please.*

Full time wuss............
Dawg52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:36 PM   #83
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Originally Posted by DOG51
More details on the 8:30pm item please.
Don't ask. (I think it involves scissors, a baseball bat and fire. )

Numbers is hard.

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension

REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote