When does the giddy wear off?

Just shared a "How's things?" call with former colleagues. I suspect that will remain a sure-fire way to reinforce the giddy factor for some time. :D

Another chat with former colleagues, another reminder that I left at the right time.

I am so happy for you all, and look forward to joining your ranks in another two-thousand and fifty-odd days.

I love threads like this - as I approach early retirement, they give me a lot of confidence that I will be happy with the non-financial aspects of retirement. Sigh....getting closer.....

I love threads like this - as I approach early retirement, they give me a lot of confidence that I will be happy with the non-financial aspects of retirement. Sigh....getting closer.....
I agree, you guys/gals are awesome by posting your little snippets. I'm within just 1-4 years of this, and it's inspiring to know how good it will be.

I just completed renovation of rental #2. Bought in early November, I went to MegaCorp job on M-F, left at 5 pm each day, drove to rental, changed clothes, worked on rehab, went home at 11-12 that night. Repeat this for 4 months, and 10 hours/day on weekends too. It was a ton of work, but 1-2 more of these and I'm creating the income stream that will allow me to do as you have done...coming soon! :dance:

My 5 year FIRE anniversary is upcoming on April 1st. :dance:
Every year, if the roads are salt free, I get in my midlife crisis car out and do a victory lap near my former place of employment. I take the exact route I used to go to w*rk, and just when I am ready to enter a parking space, I laugh out loud and pull right back out.
Bonus points if I happen to see a certain former supervisor. >:D

The giddy for me has lasted right along. Whenever I am downtown right around the normal traffic exit time, I just watch all the traffic go by, with a nice big :D on my face.

Back
Top Bottom