Where is everybody ??!!

mystang52

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
By running standards, a beautiful morning to go for a run - 35 degrees, sunny, no wind. So, went out for my first weekday run as a retiree.
It actually took a while before I came to the realization that the streets and sidewalks were empty. Only then did I recognize that I am now in a "different world" 'coz seemingly everyone else was - ahem - otherwise busy. It was so blissfully quiet and peaceful and made the run that much more enjoyable.
I think I'm going to like this retirement thing....

By running standards, a beautiful morning to go for a run - 35 degrees, sunny, no wind. So, went out for my first weekday run as a retiree.
It actually took a while before I came to the realization that the streets and sidewalks were empty. Only then did I recognize that I am now in a "different world" 'coz seemingly everyone else was - ahem - otherwise busy. It was so blissfully quiet and peaceful and made the run that much more enjoyable.
Just wait until Saturday when you realize that today is the day to stay home to avoid all the crowds going places...

Mystang:

Just don't get carried away. With the freedom of retirement I upped the miles and at 61 developed a bad case of plantar fasciitis. I struggled with it since last summer, substituted mountain biking for some, and finally went to orthopedist last week to get it professionally looked at. They're hopeful to get it taken care of. Steroids, stretching, ice, etc. Just don't get carried away, and do some stretching before the runs and after. I always rolled my eyes at all those folks stretching, I'd just get out and hit it. No more. Good luck, enjoy....

Here in the Chicago suburbs, we seem to have the opposite situation. The streets, stores, restaurants, etc., are all busy weekdays. Whenever I'm out amongst the throngs, I'm wondering why all these people are out and about instead of inside working and paying taxes to support me.

Oh yeah, the streets, stores, restaurants, etc., are also busy evenings and weekends. But, I'd expect that.

We apparently have a significant chunk of the local population that is not tied up at the salt mine M - F day shift.

In the Chicago boonies, it's like mystang describes. Very few people out and about - especially today in a snowstorm. But it's usually slow between the am and pm school rush hours on weekdays.

I agree with youbet. I'm still working, but when I happen to have a day off I'm amazed at how busy the coffeeshops, restaurants, and stores are with working-age people. I think it is interesting how many people set up their one-man/woman shop in coffeehouses these days and work there all day.

Revelations 101. Enjoy the freedom.

You should run in my neighborhood, as there are plently of very attractive stay at home Moms out running:cool:

You should run in my neighborhood, as there are plently of very attractive stay at home Moms out running:cool:

:LOL:

By the way, I should have added to this thread's title, or maybe start another one: "What time is it?" I already noticed my lack of caring about this heretofore all-important issue.

Back
Top Bottom