I'm running
-.94 - just stopped that one
.74 - just started 6 weeks ago
2.82- all year

Re: 401-K Returns To Date!  

No 401k but can I still play? :D
YTD 3.5%.

I just checked. I'm up 3.22% for the year. That's a pretty good annualized rate. I'm happy. :D :D

SG; yeah with our 3%+ over 2 months or so we should have an 18% return for the year! :D Let's pop the champagne now! :D

I don't have a 401K either, but my total return on net worth in 2005 (retained) is zero, as is the return over the last 12 months. This is because we spend everything that comes in and expect to continue. Of course, the income varies somewhat and prices change, so we
have to tweak spending to keep the NW flat. SWR from my base is therefore irrelevant, since that is zero also. I expect this to continue until my demise.

Sorry if a bit off topic. I love my own stuff :)

JG

I'm up .04% but the S&P is down (.6%) and almost all my money is in stocks, so I'm not too unhappy.

Can I count my 401k-> IRA rollover?

Its up 17.42% to date, and 1 year is up 79.77%.

Whadda ya want, its all REIT, Emerging Market, Healthcare, International Explorer and Small Cap Value.

SG; yeah with our 3%+ over 2 months or so we should have an 18% return for the year!  :D Let's pop the champagne now! :D
Good idea. If we wait, we may miss the opportunity to celebrate. :D :D

My 401k is 100% stocks. Im up .76% YTD. Nothing to brag about. My taxable account is doing OK though. Its still loaded up with oil and tanker stocks.

My investments are up only 0.63% through Feb 28, but the net worth of my investments has increased by 2.75% ($13,964) which includes additional contributions.

I don't have a 401K anymore, but my portfolio is is up .42% through today. My net worth has increased by .70% ($22,150) which includes additional savings.

Geezus -

Cut-Throat...when did you start planning...income, age, marital status, etc.

You have it MADE! Congrats!

:D

Let's see, take number, divide by .007 and we get...

.....a FREAKING CRAPLOAD of MONEY! Nice work CT!

I heard recently that 7% of the population has a net worth over a million, pretty small number, but still more than I thought it would be.

CT can clarify, but if I remember right, I think he still has a working spouse.

My net worth has increased by .70% ($22,150) which includes additional savings.

I think he is saying that his increase in net worth was not just from his .7% return.

Is that right CT?

Another millionaire comparison is that there is about 1 millionaire (net worth) per. 1000 people on this planet (0.07% last I calculated it) - so still a very priviledged club! The no. naturally becomes low due to the large populations of poor(er) nations.

The USA no. of 7% is per household and not per person. If all these households gets divorced (and 50% do) or simply had 2 seperate savings accounts and was counted as individuals, then the no. would be lower.

I am happy to be part of the 0.07%! Cheers!

Ben, you answered the question bouncing around my mind. My wife and I should have a net worth of over a million in the not too distant future (too distant for my taste, but hey...) and I was thinking, will that mean we are millionairs? Per person net worth will only be ~500k, it just didn't seem right...

Still a good occasion to pop a bottle of Bollinger! :D
Congrats!

Well, I'm talking 3-4 years, so congratulate me then, if nothing else, for surviving the rat race hell hole that is my job.....o.k., not that bad, just having a bad day. Yep, I'm sure early retirement is for me..... :p

He,he - one can argue this many ways; if the average household have 3 people (2 adults/1 child or whatever) then maybe the mill should be divided by 3?

Some would argue that the child have earnings years ahead of them - but they will on the other hand also have more cost (school/college/housing Etc.) ahead of them before those earnings + the stats focus on an instant picture of status, not the future.

Oh well, just playing with nos...  :D

On a seperate note the recent weeks drop have my YTD now up 3% only. :-/

Ben, you answered the question bouncing around my mind. My wife and I should have a net worth of over a million in the not too distant future (too distant for my taste, but hey...) and I was thinking, will that mean we are millionairs? Per person net worth will only be ~500k, it just didn't seem right...

A couple of nights after we were married, DW and I were enjoying an evening out on the patio and I asked her "so...how does it feel to be a millionaire?". She looked thoughtful for a minute and said "mmm...about the same...no wait...GOOOOOOOOOD"... :D

Back
Top Bottom