Anyone in the age group 40-49??

I'm 48, turning 49 next month. DH is 48. Plan to work full time for a couple more years and then transition to a new career, but part-time . DH needs to work til 58 for full benefits.

I'll be 49 next month. DW will be 46 one month after that. I'll be retiring from my federal govt. job in 6 yrs at age 55. Not that I'm wishing my life away, but I'm so looking forward to that day! It's something I think about every day now, and I think I have things in place or at least in my mind to be in good financial shape for the big event. Unfortunately, DW will probably have to work about 3 yrs longer than myself :( but we'll work things out somehow.

Thought I had already "signed in" ::) on this topic - I'm 45 & DH is 53. Hoping to go part-time this Spring. Full time as soon as we can finagle after that.

Jane

49, and hoping to RE at 55.
I work through Christmas this year and every other year. Only three more times! Hallelujah!

DH and I are 48 (I'll be 49 next month). I plan to ER in about 2 years to pursue PT work teaching yoga and pilates.

48 in about 2 weeks. The OSU Buckeyes are going to give me my birthday present which is a National Championship!

47 FIRED, at 39 (3 month before I turned 40...)

42......still think IT every hour or so. I guess that makes me :confused:?

Just made it into this group at 40. Should be done at 48. Have had a little glimpse of being home all the time after being on sick leave for 3 weeks (back surgery). The Mrs. is getting used to me being around and she has not tried to kill me yet. This ER thing just might work out. It's gonna make the next 8 years much more interesting. Gotta get ER done.

in another month i'd be too old to respond. now 49 & 11/12ths. re at 48 & 5/12ths. until i find that beach where they trade in sea shells i don't think i'll ever consider myself fi, what with still being dependent upon finances and all.

if only there was a place outside of death, a kibbutz or an annuity where i could set my lazy spirit free, for only then would i truly know fi.

SolidA said:
Yep - I'm 46. DH, however, is 52. I told him I married him because his advanced age would let me participate in Elderhostel trips much sooner - and he might actually have a chance at collecting some Social (In-)Security :LOL:
What does "DH" mean?

I'll be a youthful 44 in about 2 weeks. :D

I'm fixin' to turn 49 in March. DW is a tad older and significantly wiser and infinitely cuter...

44 for me.

edit: oops, just noticed that I replied to this thread weeks ago. To clarify my position......I am STILL 44.

dusk_to_dawn said:
44 for me.

edit: oops, just noticed that I replied to this thread weeks ago. To clarify my position......I am STILL 44.

Memory, the second thing to go . . . ;)

Back
Top Bottom